The Atlanta Braves Thread

Then you know what I’ve talking about ha
Yeah it’s a tough topic man. For mass amounts of water being stored in a tank on hot days, you have to have some sort of bacterial killer in there. If not, water wouldn’t be potable. UV and Reverse Osmosis are great, but once it disinfects, there is nothing to prevent bacteria from growing. The big negative with chlorine is the trihalomethanes (THMs) and Haloacidic Acids that is creates after it actually kills organics. THMs and HAA5s in mass amounts can cause cancer, so it’s a tough situation. There isn’t really anything we can use, to date, that is as cost effective and can still prevent bacteria from growing like chlorine can. The BIG no-no that I ALWAYS urge people to do is get away from plastic bottles. There is 100x as many THMs and HAA5s in bottle water than there is in tap water. There is also nothing prevent bacteria from growing, so if you get a bottle in the sun on a warm day, you better drink it fast. The standards that bottled water has is nothing compared to public water. Best thing I tell people is get a Brita pitcher and don’t leave a glass of water sitting out for 8 hours and drink it. That solves all the problems.

Yeah it’s a tough topic man. For mass amounts of water being stored in a tank on hot days, you have to have some sort of bacterial killer in there. If not, water wouldn’t be potable. UV and Reverse Osmosis are great, but once it disinfects, there is nothing to prevent bacteria from growing. The big negative with chlorine is the trihalomethanes (THMs) and Haloacidic Acids that is creates after it actually kills organics. THMs and HAA5s in mass amounts can cause cancer, so it’s a tough situation. There isn’t really anything we can use, to date, that is as cost effective and can still prevent bacteria from growing like chlorine can. The BIG no-no that I ALWAYS urge people to do is get away from plastic bottles. There is 100x as many THMs and HAA5s in bottle water than there is in tap water. There is also nothing prevent bacteria from growing, so if you get a bottle in the sun on a warm day, you better drink it fast. The standards that bottled water has is nothing compared to public water. Best thing I tell people is get a Brita pitcher and don’t leave a glass of water sitting out for 8 hours and drink it. That solves all the problems.
F*** fluoride though

Oh I absolutely understand why. It’s necessary. I tested water for a subdivision once, I was startled how the treated water actually had less chlorine than the tap.

VN Store

Back