The Atlanta Braves Thread

Surreal day guys, keep me in your thoughts. 5 people fired today from work and 2 in my department. Terrible stuff and could have easily been me as they fired some good people.
My wife’s office of 7 employees is down to 3.

This **** is going to hit all of us.

Surreal day guys, keep me in your thoughts. 5 people fired today from work and 2 in my department. Terrible stuff and could have easily been me as they fired some good people.
Gonna be a lot of this over the next month or so, unfortunately.

This was my one day off in the middle of a 17 day stretch. Committing to this many new cases may not be the smartest thing I've done.

Dude sorry to hear that man.

I'm on the 6th episode and it hasn't hooked me yet. If it doesn't get better quick I'm moving on to Boardwalk Empire.
It might not be for you. It builds slowly, but gets better with each episode.

If you’re waiting for a “I’m hooked” moment, it’s probably not coming. If you can be patient with it and let it build, you may end up liking it.

I know I’m in the minority, but I didn’t get the Jesse Pinkman love. Just didn’t fall for the character like everyone else.

Mike is my favorite. And an expanded role for him puts BCS over the top, for me personally.
That’s because BCS has the luxury of leveraging BB’s already developed characters, relationships and plot points that allow for the deeper dive, slow burn of Mike and Saul. As stand alone shows, there is no comparison and in a world where BB didn’t exist, BCS would have been canceled long ago. Therefore, on its own merits, it is definitely not a better show. However, it is a good show and an exceptional exploration of two excellent characters.

That’s because BCS has the luxury of leveraging BB’s already developed characters, relationships and plot points that allow for the deeper dive, slow burn of Mike and Saul. As stand alone shows, there is no comparison and in a world where BB didn’t exist, BCS would have been canceled long ago. Therefore, on its own merits, it is definitely not a better show. However, it is a good show and an exceptional exploration of two excellent characters.
Sure, all that is true. And I love BB. I’m not knocking it by any means.

I think I’m also a little jaded because I didn’t watch BB in real time. So I went straight from BB into BCS, and like you said, the plot and storyline had already been maximized.

I don’t know, I just never cared for Walt’s family, Hank, or any of the ancillary characters outside of the Gus orbit. In BCS, I loved Chuck’s character and think Rhea Seehorn has been cheated out of a couple Emmy nominations as Kim.

Reactions: TBrown

VN Store

Back