The Atlanta Braves Thread

That 2010 team making the postseason was a miracle.

Guys that got injured second half of the season and missed the postseason.

Chipper Jones
Billy Wagner
Takahasi Saito
Martin Prado
Jair Jurrjens
Kris Medlen

Turns on 2010 playoff series game 2

“Presented By BlackBerry!“

(Kid Rock’s “Born Free” plays in the background)

Me: “Holy **** this was a long time ago. Wait this is 10 years ago. Oh my God.” (falls into existential crisis)

2010 All-Star Omar Infante! I totally forgot that was a thing.

Sorry I’ll stop live posting about this lol

The three batter minimum is super dumb and why didn’t they just do 30 players for September instead of 28?

Reactions: sport3500
The three batter minimum is super dumb and why didn’t they just do 30 players for September instead of 28?

I may be one of the few who doesn't mind the three batter minimum change. At first I hated the idea but more I think on it think it'll be better than a pitcher coming out throwing 1 pitch, pitching change, 2 pitches pitching change.

Reading this and three things stood out.

1) I have felt like with Julio the Braves don’t let guys throw their good changeups enough and it was nice to see Soroka’s change is as good as I thought. I’m hoping maybe with some of the Astros analytical people coming in they might tell the pitching staff to let him work on that.

2) Folty really should just go fastball/slider like 95% of the time. No sinkers. Let him McCullers that slider like they did in the second half.

3) My concern with Fried (and I’ve read this multiple places) is that lack of spin on that fastball. His breaking stuff is elite, but even by throwing 94-97 I’m nervous he’ll never be able to get to that elite tier. But that is still a really good #3 starter! Which is good. Maybe throwing it more up in the zone like the writer suggests could be good.

Thanks for posting this.

I may be one of the few who doesn't mind the three batter minimum change. At first I hated the idea but more I think on it think it'll be better than a pitcher coming out throwing 1 pitch, pitching change, 2 pitches pitching change.

It represents I think 4-5% of pitching changes if I remember correctly. I mean cool you shave two minutes off per game. Not sure it’s going to do anything else.

It represents I think 4-5% of pitching changes if I remember correctly. I mean cool you shave two minutes off per game. Not sure it’s going to do anything else.

It's not even about shaving time off for me. I actually prefer longer games. It's just became an irrational annoyance/pet peeve of mine with the 1,2 pitch pitching change.

Bobby Cox: “I’m going to use Kimbrel for two innings in a tie game on the road down 1-0 in the series in the 8th and 9th.”

Also Bobby Cox: “I’m going to take out Kimbrel for Mike Dunn with a one run lead in the 9th inning for a hitter that doesn’t have severe platoon splits.”

Bobby Cox: “I’m going to use Kimbrel for two innings in a tie game on the road down 1-0 in the series in the 8th and 9th.”

Also Bobby Cox: “I’m going to take out Kimbrel for Mike Dunn with a one run lead in the 9th inning for a hitter that doesn’t have severe platoon splits.”
(people wonder why we won one WS)

Reactions: Vercingetorix
Billy Wagner making a play with a fast runner on a bunt after straining his oblique was actually really impressive.

Also I had no recollection of Bobby Cox being thrown out in like the second inning

VN Store

Back