The Atlanta Braves Thread

Duvall can platoon with Ender and Markakis is LH bench bat. Acquiring a power LF makes fine sense.
Yeah, I guess I don’t mean to say that it wouldn’t make sense to me personally. Just that I don’t see the Braves paying both Duvall and Markakis to rarely play. One of them is going to play 140 games and we know which one it is.

In theory I like the idea best of platooning Duvall with Ender and having Puig, Castellanos or Ozuna in LF every day. Ozuna seems least likely due to the pick attached to him.

I will take all bets for any amounts markakis does not start 140 games

I mean I don't want to believe it either, but I feel like I've seen this movie a bunch of times before. If they believe Pache is coming soon it's hard to see them investing much in a new outfielder. Seems most likely that they'll come out of spring hoping to gimp along one more year with Markakis and make a deal later if that's not viable.

Reactions: vols 30
I mean I don't want to believe it either, but I feel like I've seen this movie a bunch of times before. If they believe Pache is coming soon it's hard to see them investing much in a new outfielder. Seems most likely that they'll come out of spring hoping to gimp along one more year with Markakis and make a deal later if that's not viable.
He may not walk over the 140 threshold but he is gonna get a metric s hit ton of ABs

Lot of him-hawing and NO DOLLARS
Also what’s nice about your stance, because I want to believe you’re correct, is they essentially only signed Markakis back because Howie Kendrick signed with the Nats. That’s the guy they wanted.

So hopefully it shows they know Markakis can’t play as many games this year as he has in the past.

Please explain why I need a propane-fired flat top grill taking up that much space on my deck if I'm not someone who uses it for tailgating or car camping half a dozen times a year.
Do you like hibachi? Do you like fried rice? My menu of things I can cook has grown exponentially since having a flat top grill. We do use it a ton camping and stuff as well, but have really enjoyed using it at home for some meals like that.

If you think AA is about to roll into the season with the lineup as is then LOL

If he brings Arenado or Bryant here then who cares about the LFer (and even then I’d still bet it’s not markakis for 140 games)

Somewhere there's a marketing firm boardroom where they're snickering about Truist actually being a thing.
I'm no marketing or brand expert, but wouldn't have made more sense to call the combined SunTrust/BB&T entity "SunTrust?" Just pick the legacy entity that had the more widespread name recognition?

Nobody knows what the hell Truist is. Everybody knew what SunTrust was.

It’s just funny to me that nobody cared about JD before last year and now it’s the end of the world that we didn’t commit big money to him until he is 38/39. Wild. Also goes to show we didn’t have him in our plans since we didn’t budge on the 4th year he required.

Next

It’s just funny to me that nobody cared about JD before last year and now it’s the end of the world that we didn’t commit big money to him until he is 38/39. Wild. Also goes to show we didn’t have him in our plans since we didn’t budge on the 4th year he required.

Next
Are people really acting like it’s the end of the world? I have no pulse on it seen leaving social media.

Reactions: Kingston Vol
If you think AA is about to roll into the season with the lineup as is then LOL

If he brings Arenado or Bryant here then who cares about the LFer (and even then I’d still bet it’s not markakis for 140 games)
Where you getting all this trust from the front office at lol

VN Store

Back