The Atlanta Braves Thread

Agree about the call but that was just one helluva textbook shltting of the bed those last three minutes or so of the game.

Was watching on my phone at bar so it was hard to pick up much detail, but the possession where we were up 1 coming out of a timeout with under a minute left and turned it over for no apparent reason at all looked particularly gross.

I didn't see it
So as a bit of background...Sanchez is getting his ass whipped the entire fight pretty much.

Perreira hit him with an illegal knee while his (Sanchez’) knee was down in the third round. It caught Sanchez high on the forehead and cut him. Ref stops it to examine. It’s bleeding, but stops pretty quickly...no swelling. Looks fine and even the ref tells Perreira that Sanchez will be fine. Ref indicates they will continue and a point will be taken from Perreira. No problem.

Ref goes back to Sanchez and asks when he is ready to continue. Sanchez asks the ref that if he cannot continue, will Perreira be disqualified? Ref says yes. Sanchez says he can’t continue and gets the win.

The cut was no longer bleeding, not swelling, and would not have affected Sanchez at all. He just pussed out to get a cheap win on a technicality.

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N
So as a bit of background...Sanchez is getting his ass whipped the entire fight pretty much.

Perreira hit him with an illegal knee while his (Sanchez’) knee was down in the third round. It caught Sanchez high on the forehead and cut him. Ref stops it to examine. It’s bleeding, but stops pretty quickly...no swelling. Looks fine and even the ref tells Perreira that Sanchez will be fine. Ref indicates they will continue and a point will be taken from Perreira. No problem.

Ref goes back to Sanchez and asks when he is ready to continue. Sanchez asks the ref that if he cannot continue, will Perreira be disqualified? Ref says yes. Sanchez says he can’t continue and gets the win.

The cut was no longer bleeding, not swelling, and would not have affected Sanchez at all. He just pussed out to get a cheap win on a technicality.
That's lame

Classic wrasslin' heel turn

I just watched Apocalypse Now and I was not prepared

Spectacular film. I don't think I've seen it since the Endless War began but my god it's got to feel even more urgent now. It all seemed so safely far back in the past when I saw it in the late 80s and 90s during the so-called End of History.

Spectacular film. I don't think I've seen it since the Endless War began but my god it's got to feel even more urgent now. It all seemed so safely far back in the past when I saw it in the late 80s and 90s during the so-called End of History.

The scene where they entered Kurtz’ camp was literally bone chilling. It was amazing. The movie drags a little but we watched the final cut which is 3 hours. That probably didn’t help. It is still fantastic.

VN Store

Back