The Atlanta Braves Thread

Agreed, can’t justify giving up the prospects it’s gonna take for potentially just one year of KB.
They're reaching a point where they're going to have to deal a few prospects or they're going to inevitably watch a few go the Touki route value-wise.

They're reaching a point where they're going to have to deal a few prospects or they're going to inevitably watch a few go the Touki route value-wise.

Exactly. They can’t just keep everyone, this is why you build a great farm system so you can get a missing piece.

Schwarber has a .658 OPS against lefties for his career definitely shouldn’t be starting against them lol

Are people really acting like it’s the end of the world? I have no pulse on it seen leaving social media.

I am:

a) not surprised that they weren't the ones to "win" the Donaldson derby,

b) not upset that they didn't, because at least half of that contract is going to be an albatross and the Braves are a franchise that would let it hamstring them,

but still

c) skeptical that this necessarily means that there's going to be a Plan B or C move before Opening Day. The Braves hate expensive multi-year contracts and overvalue their prospects, so unless somebody shakes lose that they can pick up on the cheap I'd expect them to stick with the Markakis-gets-450-ABs status quo until they feel like they absolutely have to make a move.

I am:

a) not surprised that they weren't the ones to "win" the Donaldson derby,

b) not upset that they didn't, because at least half of that contract is going to be an albatross and the Braves are a franchise that would let it hamstring them,

but still

c) skeptical that this necessarily means that there's going to be a Plan B or C move before Opening Day. The Braves hate expensive multi-year contracts and overvalue their prospects, so unless somebody shakes lose that they can pick up on the cheap I'd expect them to stick with the status quo until they feel like they absolutely have to make a move.
Plan B and C is Johan Camargo and Austin Riley ha

VN Store

Back