The Atlanta Braves Thread

Are people really acting like it’s the end of the world? I have no pulse on it seen leaving social media.
Of course. It's hilarious to read. I hate to see him go, but I'm also relieved that were not the ones who are eventually going to look up at the All Star break and have $23 million committed to a guy on the DL with 8 HRs.

Last edited:
Reactions: TBrown and AV_12
I'm no marketing or brand expert, but wouldn't have made more sense to call the combined SunTrust/BB&T entity "SunTrust?" Just pick the legacy entity that had the more widespread name recognition?

Nobody knows what the hell Truist is. Everybody knew what SunTrust was.
BB&T was actually slightly bigger than Suntrust. Just depends on where you live which one you know better. I guess that's the struggle in branding a co-equal merger, but Truist seems tortured.

Last edited:
They're back to back division champs and have spent some money the past couple of years. Not sure how much more evidence they owe anybody that they've got a pretty good handle on things.
True, but we have spent some money this offseason already lol. I could see us standing pat and riding with Austin and Camargo (until the trade deadline at least).

While everyone is focused on Bryant, I wouldn’t be surprised if AA gets a deal done for a guy like Schwarber. Cheaper prospect wise and three years left on the deal.

Definitely is a strong word. His diet won’t include a lot of meatballs anymore. And if he does improve on his K rate, his power will dip, and that’s really all he has going for him ha.

He's made improvements at every level despite the aggressive assignments, so I don't see why he couldn't now.

Would I include him in a package for Bryant? Yesterday. But I do think he's going to continue improving.

Reactions: TBrown
JD didn’t sign with Washington so that softened the blow a little bit, but we need another bat. If four years of JD would have equally one world championship, I bet nobody would have grumbled about the contract then. Oh well.

VN Store

Back