The Atlanta Braves Thread

You into sightseeing and historical stuff? We went on a bus tour that took us around and showed us some cool stuff. Care anything about going to the Empire State Building or Statue of Liberty? One night we went up to the top of the Rocafeller Center called "Top of the Roc" and it's cool because it's about as tall as the Empire State Building and you can see the ESB all lit up from there. We went to see the big Christmas tree at The Rocafeller Center. I'd love to go back and see the Freedom Tower.
The 9/11 Memorial is a MUST DO. Everyone should go, it’s surreal and you can still feel the energy of 9/11. It’s extremely emotional and well done.

The 9/11 Memorial is a MUST DO. Everyone should go, it’s surreal and you can still feel the energy of 9/11. It’s extremely emotional and well done.
I think it was 2008 when i went and we went to Ground Zero and i think there was a memorial in the church down the street? I would like to go back and see the memorial and stuff again.

Also when we went we found out that Macy's was open 24/7 during the week of Christmas amd me and my mom and brother were bored one night so we took the subway to Macy's at midnight and did some Christmas shopping. It was a cool experience.

Also when we went we found out that Macy's was open 24/7 during the week of Christmas amd me and my mom and brother were bored one night so we took the subway to Macy's at midnight and did some Christmas shopping. It was a cool experience.
Just being anywhere in the city during Christmas time is a cool experience.

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N
There is no bad move. That place is awesome.

When I was in college my vague plan was to move to NYC and live there for a couple of years after I graduated. It ended up being DC instead because of grad school. When I'm lying on my deathbed thinking about all the stuff I missed out on that's gonna be up the list.

A couple years later I went with some friends and all they cared about was going to the club, we couldn't find any good ones and we went to a strip club in Times Square. It sucked and one of the girls looked like Marlon Wayans in the movie White Chicks.

Reactions: TBrown
Time of year you going?

You could stay a year and not see everything. Do a bus tour, you can get on and off at your leisure and they take you through all the major tourist stops in Manhattan. China Town, Financial District, Battery Park (can do Ellis Island here), Central Park, etc. and it’s extremely interesting. I’d focus on Manhattan and plan on coming back for the other Boroughs. Walk the Brooklyn Bridge. Ride the Subway as much as possible.

My favorite neighborhoods in Manhattan were the villages (West and East) Upper West Side, Chelsea, but can’t go wrong in any aside from maybe Harlem ha.

The best day I spent in NYC was when Mrs Verc and I left our friend's apartment way up on the Upper East Side (somewhere around 130th St) and walked all the way down to Battery Park. It took all day. Saw the sights, stopped in a bunch of bars, etc. This was before the era of cell phone navigation so we had no idea where the hell we were most of the time, which was half the fun. The only way to screw up NYC is to stay in the hotel too much. Or go to Times Square, which is Pigeon Forge for yankees.

The best day I spent in NYC was when Mrs Verc and I left our friend's apartment way up on the Upper East Side (somewhere around 130th St) and walked all the way down to Battery Park. It took all day. Saw the sights, stopped in a bunch of bars, etc. This was before the era of cell phone navigation so we had no idea where the hell we were most of the time, which was half the fun. The only way to screw up NYC is to stay in the hotel too much. Or go to Times Square, which is Pigeon Forge for yankees.
Yes sir. You did it right.

Times Square is hell

Reactions: LotteryPick
This x100. Was there last year the day after Christmas, but I made a point to get a really early train from Newark and get down there just as the sun was coming up. It was me and literally maybe ten other people. Only regret is that the museum was closed that day and would have liked to go through it.

Also, the lobby and lower floor restaurant of Trump Tower is pretty impressive, especially when all the Christmas decor was out. Plus Central Park is maybe a five minute walk away.

This x100. Was there last year the day after Christmas, but I made a point to get a really early train from Newark and get down there just as the sun was coming up. It was me and literally maybe ten other people. Only regret is that the museum was closed that day and would have liked to go through it.

Also, the lobby and lower floor restaurant of Trump Tower is pretty impressive, especially when all the Christmas decor was out. Plus Central Park is maybe a five minute walk away.
We also went to Trump Tower and saw the Christmas tree in there.

Not sure if it’s up your alley, but download the app and throw your name in the daily lottery for tickets to Hamilton if that’s something you think you’d enjoy. Who knows, you might get super lucky, and the show is incredible. Also, The Book of Mormon is hilarious, and depending on when you’re actually going to be in NYC, there might still actually be a chance of getting tickets.

VN Store

Back