The Atlanta Braves Thread

Don't think either is bad. Any frustration you have with spending should focus over AA's head.

I wish they'd done something different in RF, but having a young team that won the division last year and playing it safe isn't the craziest thing in the world.

He sure as hell sat there in that interview and gushed about how free agents are awful risks and committing to any long term money is dumb. He bragged about how smart teams get what they need at the deadline instead of in the winter. He may not be the Saddam Hussein of Cobb County but at the very least he's Baghdad Bob.

He murders LHP though. I’m fine with it atp. They just need to be able to adjust if it doesn’t work

I don’t know if anyone agrees with me but I think today is one of the most underrated sports day. All these quarterfinal/semifinal tourney games are so fun

Braves need to do everything they can to sign him long term and make him the face of the franchise.

He’s got superstar written all over him.

That draft pick they'd lose would be the 60th pick. They would keep both of their first rounders. But yeah.. we don't want to lose that 60th pick even though Folty's hurt, Gausman is hurt and looking terrible, Teheran is mediocre at best, and nobody knows anything about Soroka

That draft pick they'd lose would be the 60th pick. They would keep both of their first rounders. But yeah.. we don't want to lose that 60th pick even though Folty's hurt, Gausman is hurt and looking terrible, Teheran is mediocre at best, and nobody knows anything about Soroka

To be fair, losing any pick is multiplied for us because we can’t make up for it in the international market.

To be fair, losing any pick is multiplied for us because we can’t make up for it in the international market.
Sure, but our rotation is in bad shape right now and there's a guy who would be number 2 in the rotation the day he steps foot in Atlanta sitting out there in free agency. He's worthy giving up the 60th draft pick for.

Because Keuchel is going to suck. Why hasn’t anyone else signed him? There’s no rumors of him being close anywhere, and we aren’t the only team that needs starters. I guarantee you’d get the same or better results from a Fried, Wilson, Gohara, Touki, Wright, Allard, Muller (arrange however you want) combo.

Because Keuchel is going to suck. Why hasn’t anyone else signed him? There’s no rumors of him being close anywhere, and we aren’t the only team that needs starters. I guarantee you’d get the same or better results from a Fried, Wilson, Gohara, Touki, Wright, Allard, Muller (arrange however you want) combo.
I'd say nobody has signed him because he wants too many years. If we can get him for a 2 year deal it would be a no brainer.

Like you, I'm bullish on Fried, Touki, and Wright, but there is absolutely no reason to believe that they would be better than Keuchel this year. We don't know the extent of Folty and Soroka's injury. Gausman has looked awful since his injury. And Julio is terrible. We need to add a frontline starter and Keuchel is there for the taking.

I'd say nobody has signed him because he wants too many years. If we can get him for a 2 year deal it would be a no brainer.

Like you, I'm bullish on Fried, Touki, and Wright, but there is absolutely no reason to believe that they would be better than Keuchel this year. We don't know the extent of Folty and Soroka's injury. Gausman has looked awful since his injury. And Julio is terrible. We need to add a frontline starter and Keuchel is there for the taking.
I actually don’t like Fried that much. He could be good in the bullpen imo. I love Bryse and Wright. Touki is good too.

Sure, but our rotation is in bad shape right now and there's a guy who would be number 2 in the rotation the day he steps foot in Atlanta sitting out there in free agency. He's worthy giving up the 60th draft pick for.
I’m not saying you don’t sign him but you certainly don’t go above your line of comfortability knowing you have to give up a valuable pick.

The fact of the matter is he hasn’t signed a deal for a reason. And it’s because he’s asking for more than teams - even bad teams! - are willing to give him.

I’m not saying you don’t sign him but you certainly don’t go above your line of comfortability knowing you have to give up a valuable pick.

The fact of the matter is he hasn’t signed a deal for a reason. And it’s because he’s asking for more than teams - even bad teams! - are willing to give him.
Im sure that's the case. It isn't even Keuchel for me. I think he's better than some of y'all do. But make a trade and get somebody else. I don't care. We're the defending champs and not only have we not done anything, but now our rotation is in serious trouble and we still aren't doing anything. We need a frontline starter as O'Brien pointed out.

Im sure that's the case. It isn't even Keuchel for me. I think he's better than some of y'all do. But make a trade and get somebody else. I don't care. We're the defending champs and not only have we not done anything, but now our rotation is in serious trouble and we still aren't doing anything. We need a frontline starter as O'Brien pointed out.
I personally think Kuechel would really help us. But there’s a reason he hasn’t been signed yet and I have to believe it’s because the majority of teams don’t think he’s worth the asking price.

I know the Braves are cheap and we all want them to throw caution to the wind and spend just to prove they are trying, but that’s not good business. And the fact that other teams feel the same way should let us know there’s more here to be cautious about than the average fan can see.

Fried had a better ERA, k rate, and FIP than Keuchel last year. Plus we have a plethora of arms. Keuchel isn’t an ace. And it’s so late in the game Keuchel will be ready when Folty comes back.

I personally think Kuechel would really help us. But there’s a reason he hasn’t been signed yet and I have to believe it’s because the majority of teams don’t think he’s worth the asking price.

I know the Braves are cheap and we all want them to throw caution to the wind and spend just to prove they are trying, but that’s not good business. And the fact that other teams feel the same way should let us know there’s more here to be cautious about than the average fan can see.
I understand that. I’m not for giving the guy 6 years. But I hope we’re trying for 2 with a high AAV. But we can make trades with our prospect capital and haven’t done that either

Fried had a better ERA, k rate, and FIP than Keuchel last year. Plus we have a plethora of arms. Keuchel isn’t an ace. And it’s so late in the game Keuchel will be ready when Folty comes back.
Fried only appeared in 14 MLB games last year and some of those were out of the bullpen if I’m not mistaken. That’s not really a fair comparison. Plus, Keuchel was in the AL.

VN Store

Back