The Atlanta Braves Thread

On top of that, I just don’t understand their approach here. In a lot of cases it takes years to find out who these “young guys” will be at the MLB level. So I guess we are just gonna sit here and deal with growing pains for guys that may or may not have it for the next few seasons lol. Even the young arms that have it won’t be pitching 200 innings for a while.

Seems to me that AA, is afraid to make the wrong move or handicapped. JMO.
Yeah, you’re right but if it works out it won’t be the wrong decision.

It’s been talked about ad nauseum here but ownership definitely got cold feet at some point this offseason for some reason.

But if a high percentage of these young pitchers turn out to be studs then the only thing that is happening is we’re lengthening the “contention” window on the back end even if it means sacrificing this season.

Don't know how much physical activity you are into (or would even want to get into) but a key piece to me is regular trips to a chiropractor. I go pretty much every 2 or 3 weeks, not because of any pain but just for maintenance really. Approaching 40 and so far nothing really significant to speak of relating to my back while maintaining a schedule that throughout most of the year includes 3 to 4 gym trips and 1 or 2 days playing soccer per week. Have a no proof that is directly related to the chiropractor trips but I know I ain't gonna change something that ain't broke.

My bottom three discs are as flat as a pancake. I was having serious pain and issues and a buddy referred me to his chiropractor. I’ve been anti-chiropractor all my life because I felt like it was a band-aid for a larger problem, but I finally gave in and went. It made a huge difference for me. They put me on a decompression table, which stretches your spine out and allows the discs to rehydrate, as well as electric stim and adjustments. Well worth it IMO.

I got poisoned for life against chiropractors because my uncle was A) a chiropractor and B) an annoying bastard. He used to make all us kids climb up one after another on the dining table after Christmas dinner so he could adjust us, which was irritating as hell and as far as I could tell accomplished nothing. I've known enough people who benefit from it to believe there's something practical about their methods that works for some people even if much of it is mumbo-jumbo. (Cf: yoga.) I might give it a shot again sometime if I'm trying to avoid alternatives to surgery but probably only as a last resort.

Probably just getting old, which is arguably worse because it never gets any better.

I started having occasional lower back pain in my early 30s and it has yet to develop into anything serious. Sometimes there's nothing obvious that sets it off; just a few times a year out of the blue I have lower back pain, tingling down the left leg, etc. So far every time a couple of days of Advil and rest has been able to knock it back, although I find that walking (on a relatively flat surface) helps. There doesn't seem to be any reason for it, which is frustrating as hell but seems to be the baseline for being past your prime.

Sounds like sciatica pain. I started feeling the pain in my hip all the way down to my knee in my mid 30's. It would come and go at first, but it got so bad, that I decided to go with back surgery. My L4 and L5 vertebrae had collapsed on the nerve.

This was 2007. No more leg pain, but now dealing with arthritis in my lower back. Old age isn't for the weak.

I got poisoned for life against chiropractors because my uncle was A) a chiropractor and B) an annoying bastard. He used to make all us kids climb up one after another on the dining table after Christmas dinner so he could adjust us, which was irritating as hell and as far as I could tell accomplished nothing. I've known enough people who benefit from it to believe there's something practical about their methods that works for some people even if much of it is mumbo-jumbo. (Cf: yoga.) I might give it a shot again sometime if I'm trying to avoid alternatives to surgery but probably only as a last resort.
Understandable. I never looked at them as quacks or anything but I never really expected to go to one until about 10 years when I pinched my sciatic nerve and was in a considerable amount of discomfort. After a week or two of no improvement I decided to give it a shot, 2 or 3 visits later and I was back to normal.

Figured I was fine again after he “fixed” me but a few years later I developed some hip trouble playing soccer. After he did it again I decided to take him up on the idea of coming once a month or so just to maintain the adjustments and I’ve pretty much avoided anything remotely serious ever since. Don’t know that they’re directly correlated but I do know that I don’t want to stop going and find out.

VN Store

Back