The Atlanta Braves Thread: Frosty Takes

Bob Stoops on the radio in Nashville. Was asked what he thought about UT. He said he can’t speak too much on it because he isn’t in tune with what is going on from the coach’s standpoint, but said, “That’s a program where I would be doing well.” Referenced OU when it was down and was able to bring it back and said he viewed OU as a sleeping giant at the time. Implied the same about Tennessee.
Come over then Bob.

Bob Stoops on the radio in Nashville. Was asked what he thought about UT. He said he can’t speak too much on it because he isn’t in tune with what is going on from the coach’s standpoint, but said, “That’s a program where I would be doing well.” Referenced OU when it was down and was able to bring it back and said he viewed OU as a sleeping giant at the time. Implied the same about Tennessee.
Come over then Bob.
I love you Bob. Always have, come home.

Apparently Braves are just gonna let Markakis rehab with the ML club. Could play this weekend

Come over then Bob.
Anybody with a functioning brain can see that Tennessee is a program that "should be" doing well. The only con this program has is that it is located in good but not great recruiting territory, but that recruiting territory is getting more fertile by the day (Nashville). Everything else; resources, revenue, fan support, tradition, brand, facilities, etc. is that of a top program.

There is no reason, none whatsoever, that Tennessee should be as bad as it has been since 2008. It's simply been run into the ground by a series of bad administrative decisions and bad coaching hires.

A huge pet peeve of mine is when people say Tennessee is as bad as it is because of a "lack of talent." After the Georgia St loss, Jesse Palmer was on ESPN attributing the loss to a lack of talent. A lack of talent explains why Tennessee can't beat Florida, Georgia, and Alabama, but Georgia St? Or BYU? The only teams on our schedule that consistently recruit better than Tennessee are Florida, Georgia, and Alabama. If you want to argue that we can't beat those teams, and therefore win hardware, because of a lack of talent, that's fine. However, a lack of talent does not explain losing 5 out of 7 to Vandy, being unable to beat Mizzou, and dropping the games we've dropped this year. Drives me crazy because it is such a lazy, poorly thought out analysis.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back