The Atlanta Braves Thread

It was just a bad pitch. You are in a shift, why you throw the pitch most likely to be hit the other way?
Why shift when there is a runner on 3rd and you are facing a good hitter wiith good bat control and none of your bullpen can consistently locate pitches? Just seems like maybe not a great idea in that situation.

Why shift when there is a runner on 3rd and you are facing a good hitter wiith good bat control and none of your bullpen can consistently locate pitches? Just seems like maybe not a great idea in that situation.
Yeah I get it, but it would have been brilliant if winkler hadn’t thrown a pitch like that. I don’t like the shift ever in baseball but I get why some do it.

The only time you notice it is the 1 time out of 10 it doesn’t work
I think that's a little bit of a fallacy since there are plenty of times when somebody hits into a shift that would've been outside anyway. I'm not saying don't shift. I'm saying that I think it's being taken to extremes at times.

I think that's a little bit of a fallacy since there are plenty of times when somebody hits into a shift that would've been outside anyway. I'm not saying don't shift. I'm saying that I think it's being taken to extremes at times.

I mean it wasn’t even an extreme shift we just had dansby playing over the bag instead. Winkler threw a pitch that was perfect to beat that. It happens.

Some bad luck and then a bad pitch to Gyorko. Ozuna dumped one into right that was low, off the plate, and out of the strike zone. Goldy broke his bat and hit a weak liner, unfortunately, right off Winkler’s back. The pitch to Carpenter was low, off the plate, and out of the strike zone.

I mean it wasn’t even an extreme shift we just had dansby playing over the bag instead.
Just went and looked. Dansby was well to the right of the bag. Wouldn't have really mattered I guess but... I get doing that with nobody on. Seems a little shaky when a DP would've gotten them out of the inning.

Attachments

• FDD5B6E1-45B6-4BFB-B857-9A5969894E36.png
    FDD5B6E1-45B6-4BFB-B857-9A5969894E36.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 4

VN Store

Back