The Atlanta Braves Thread

We just took the series from the Dodgers. Why are we talking about firing our manager? Lol
Been talking about it since last year. He shouldn’t have been brought back. And what did we get? A slow start because the only man on planet earth who believes Ender Inciarte should be batting leadoff over Acuna is the manager of the Atlanta Braves.

For a bayesian baseline, and for my own sanity... for those of you are that are anti-snit what are your thoughts of snit vs fredi? Of the two, which is #1 and #2 compared to the other? #1 being your first choice, and #2 being your second choice.

For a bayesian baseline, and for my own sanity... for those of you are that are anti-snit what are your thoughts of snit vs fredi? Of the two, which is #1 and #2 compared to the other? #1 being your first choice, and #2 being your second choice.
Snit over Fredo. The players at least respect and play for Snit. I don’t think that was the case for Fredi. But they’re similar in how bad they manage the team imo

Hate to interrupt the riveting discussion but in an effort to keep the thread on topic

Does any have any tips for removing pipe threading? Shower arm broke off at the wall. Already tried the 1/2 in thread remover. Pipe too old I guess. The ring wouldn’t hold. Asking before I have to go into the sheet rock and swap out the elbow joint.

Hate to interrupt the riveting discussion but in an effort to keep the thread on topic

Does any have any tips for removing pipe threading? Shower arm broke off at the wall. Already tried the 1/2 in thread remover. Pipe too old I guess. The ring wouldn’t hold. Asking before I have to go into the sheet rock and swap out the elbow joint.
Can you share a picture of it?

Driving home this evening listening to local ATL radio, and the host was all but playing the race card on Snitker. He kept saying that some people (Acuna) are held to a higher standard than others and are treated differently. His example was that he didn't feel Freeman would have been benched if he didn't run it out. A caller even suggested Acuna was benched because they don't like his image. He said Acuna has the wrong hairdo, gold chains, and paint job (all his words).

I'm not a Braves fan, but Acuna has other world talent and is must see tv. That being said, Freeman is a perennial all star, and Acuna is in his first full season. It's embarrassing to hear local Atlanta radio (92.9) suggest race had anything to do with it. If Freeman posed to watch a ball bounce off the wall and got thrown out stealing the base he should have been on during his first full year with the Braves, he'd probably get the hook too. The sky is the limit with Acuna, but damn if folks aren't losing their minds over this.

/rant

Nice series against LA. The bullpen looked good today.

Driving home this evening listening to local ATL radio, and the host was all but playing the race card on Snitker. He kept saying that some people (Acuna) are held to a higher standard than others and are treated differently. His example was that he didn't feel Freeman would have been benched if he didn't run it out. A caller even suggested Acuna was benched because they don't like his image. He said Acuna has the wrong hairdo, gold chains, and paint job (all his words).

I'm not a Braves fan, but Acuna has other world talent and is must see tv. That being said, Freeman is a perennial all star, and Acuna is in his first full season. It's embarrassing to hear local Atlanta radio (92.9) suggest race had anything to do with it. If Freeman posed to watch a ball bounce off the wall and got thrown out stealing the base he should have been on during his first full year with the Braves, he'd probably get the hook too. The sky is the limit with Acuna, but damn if folks aren't losing their minds over this.

/rant

Ah. The race card. So antiquated

/rant

I've never been a fan of 92.9 in the first place but that's especially dumb.

The fact that the organization allows those goofy chains and the HR antics pretty much disproves the whole point.

/rant

That situation would have never come up anyway because Freeman would never do that so how that would be handled is irrelevant. You can only deal with the situation that is presented.

Luckily, we got the win but that was a hell of a time to teach the guy a lesson. Absolutely cannot do that though, cant hurt your team with mental mistakes like that.

Last edited:
I've never been a fan of 92.9 in the first place but that's especially dumb.

The fact that the organization allows those goofy chains and the HR antics pretty much disproves the whole point.

I catch the start of the morning show at 0600 on weekdays driving to work for about 20 minutes. I like listening to Hugh Douglas and the goofy guy with him. I can't think of his name right now. Duane Walker was on tonight, and he's terrible.

VN Store

Back