The Atlanta Braves Thread

Maybe Ortega will be our Max Muncy until Waters and Pache are ready. šŸ‘€ He is out of options but itā€™s a good problem to have to perhaps upgrade another position in a trade later on (maybe next season) involving him, heā€™s come up smoking the cover off of the baseballs for sure.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Side note: congrats to Francisco Garcia. Heā€™s been promoted from translator to Bilingual Coordinator.

Ozzie probably changed and got out of there in a hurry before they asked him to help out and translate for AcuƱa since Garcia was all over the place and I donā€™t blame him because that interview with Ronnie was super awkward.

I wonder who translated for Snit? I can see it now him yelling and spitting everywhere in English down in the tunnel and AcuƱa thinking the crazy old white man has lost his marbles!

Fine he Strongly Disagreed with Snit! Is that better how anyone can watch that clip and not see/think that Freddie wasn't happy.

We could all see the ā€œby this muchā€ and hand signal by him and then it looked like Freddie said ā€œyou donā€™t do thatā€ as he was beginning to turn to walk away.

Last edited:
No it isn't. He continually makes boneheaded decisions just like the intern did. The only reason the braves win is because of their talent. His decisions have costed the team many wins this season. We win in spite of him, just like Dobbs/Kamara,Barnett etc did. But I don't believe we'll ever win at a high level with him, just like even all of that talent couldn't with the intern.
That's pretty much the same goofy narrative I heard about Bobby Cox in the early 90s.

Reactions: hooter vol
No it isn't. He continually makes boneheaded decisions just like the intern did. The only reason the braves win is because of their talent. His decisions have costed the team many wins this season. We win in spite of him, just like Dobbs/Kamara,Barnett etc did. But I don't believe we'll ever win at a high level with him, just like even all of that talent couldn't with the intern.
Has a good chance of being back to back NL manager of the year awards. The writers, you know those who get paid to have an opinion on this, disagree.

You getting paid for your opinion?
Just bc people get paid for their opinion doesnā€™t make them infallible. There were people getting paid for their opinion who defended intern Jones. Snitker won MOY because the team won. But anyone who watches the Braves knows they win on talent not because of Snitā€™s excellent managing. Guy has no clue how to manage a bullpen and started the season batting the worst hitter on the team at leadoff. He isnā€™t a great manager

Just bc people get paid for their opinion doesnā€™t make them infallible. There were people getting paid for their opinion who defended intern Jones. Snitker won MOY because the team won. But anyone who watches the Braves knows they win on talent not because of Snitā€™s excellent managing. Guy has no clue how to manage a bullpen and started the season batting the worst hitter on the team at leadoff. He isnā€™t a great manager
I donā€™t think heā€™s anywhere close to perfect in his in game decision making either but ask the guys on the team if they would rather play for someone else and see how many yesā€™s youā€™d get. Iā€™d venture to say it wouldnā€™t be very many, if any at all.

Keyboard/Twitter warriors are always awesome at picking someone apart (often time even correctly) but love to act like the game is being played by robots and not 30 different human beings that all need to be coached/motivated/inspired in completely different ways. Whether or not you personally care about it from your couch doesnā€™t mean it isnā€™t a real part of his job. And whether we agree with him or not, the last season and 3/4 would seem to look like itā€™s working.

I donā€™t think heā€™s anywhere close to perfect in his in game decision making either but ask the guys on the team if they would rather play for someone else and see how many yesā€™s youā€™d get. Iā€™d venture to say it wouldnā€™t be very many, if any at all.

Keyboard/Twitter warriors are always awesome at picking someone apart (often time even correctly) but love to act like the game is being played by robots and not 30 different human beings that all need to be coached/motivated/inspired in completely different ways. Whether or not you personally care about it from your couch doesnā€™t mean it isnā€™t a real part of his job. And whether we agree with him or not, the last season and 3/4 would seem to look like itā€™s working.
I agree that the players play for him and thatā€™s an important part of it. But I also believe that they would play for Ron Washington just as hard.

I agree that the players play for him and thatā€™s an important part of it. But I also believe that they would play for Ron Washington just as hard.

Ron Washington left his worst defender Nelson Cruz in Game 6 of the World Series and it cost his team the title. I donā€™t think heā€™s better

Reactions: Power T-Rev
Washington later disowned those comments, but they called into question not only his judgment, but his whole raison d'etre given that he was a terrible X's and O's manager. His whole appeal was based on his ability to manage players as people, not as chess pieces.

So you want a black Snit?

VN Store

Back