The Atlanta Braves Thread

It sure does sound like he wanted to let everyone know he wasn’t exactly happy with something at Tennessee. You don’t blatantly say the main reason you stayed was because of buyout issues, at least not publicly.

He was paying an assistant out of his own pocket while Pruitt was getting a blank check for his staff. Easy to see that being a huge issue.

And the "God showed me he wanted me to stay at Tennessee by making UCLA refuse to pay the buyout" is obviously silly, but I don't doubt that he's sincere. The "everything that happens in my life is a personal sign to me directly from God" sentiment is, ah, very common.

He was paying an assistant out of his own pocket while Pruitt was getting a blank check for his staff. Easy to see that being a huge issue.

And the "God showed me he wanted me to stay at Tennessee by making UCLA refuse to pay the buyout" is obviously silly, but I don't doubt that he's sincere. The "everything that happens in my life is a personal sign to me directly from God" sentiment is, ah, very common.

My problems isn’t that attitude or belief. And it’s a business. But I see absolutely no reason to be so blatant about it. It does nothing really for the university, makes him look bad (at least in front of the fans eyes), and won’t help recruiting at all. I don’t see the point unless he’s trying to underlying say he didn’t like things with the AD.

My problems isn’t that attitude or belief. And it’s a business. But I see absolutely no reason to be so blatant about it. It does nothing really for the university, makes him look bad (at least in front of the fans eyes), and won’t help recruiting at all. I don’t see the point unless he’s trying to underlying say he didn’t like things with the AD.
All about his assistants not getting paid imo. Ole Trickster saw all the cash flow going to football assistants and got a little case of the red ass. I don’t necessarily blame him, but, this is a football school. Remember this is a man who was supplementing his assistants straight out of his own pocket.

All about his assistants not getting paid imo. Ole Trickster saw all the cash flow going to football assistants and got a little case of the red ass. I don’t necessarily blame him, but, this is a football school. Remember this is a man who was supplementing his assistants straight out of his own pocket.
I don't blame him. I also don't get holding a press conference and airing it all in public.

I imagine Barnes would say that he's talking about it out in public because he's witnessing for God and that's more important than PR for the university. Not that I think that excuses it, of course, but I'm sure he'd give some variation on that theme.

I don't blame him. I also don't get holding a press conference and airing it all in public.

Right. I mean, like if that was decision then that’s fine. It’s a business. We all understand how life works. But to be so blatant and public with it is so shortsighted

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol

VN Store

Back