The Atlanta Braves Thread

A natural outflow of being unhappy with how you were represented, again confirming he never wanted to leave.
I'll never remotely be in that kind of position, so I have no clue, but how is it even possible to be "unhappy with how you were represented" to the point where you end up agreeing to something you actually don't want?

I mean, just get new representation or represent yourself. There's no shortage of people who'd love to represent you if you're in his position.

Bouncing off of Kershaw's comments the other day, I wonder what the clubhouse dynamic is right now? They are all professionals, but seems like a divide might be deepening.

Every indirect move Freddy has made in the last few weeks is like giving LA the middle finger in exchange for Atlanta.

Bouncing off of Kershaw's comments the other day, I wonder what the clubhouse dynamic is right now? They are all professionals, but seems like a divide might be deepening.

Every indirect move Freddy has made in the last few weeks is like giving LA the middle finger in exchange for Atlanta.
If there's a big divide, it isn't really affecting how they are playing ball. Maybe it will as the season goes on.

I'll never remotely be in that kind of position, so I have no clue, but how is it even possible to be "unhappy with how you were represented" to the point where you end up agreeing to something you actually don't want?

I mean, just get new representation or represent yourself. There's no shortage of people who'd love to represent you if you're in his position.

Freddy's agent played hardball with the Braves, and the Braves eventually withdrew their offer and traded for/signed Olson instead. He was given no choice in the end. Probably the catalyst for diverging from Excel.

I don’t think he realized he was unhappy with how he was being represented until the Braves traded for Matt Olson. He could change agents 1,000 times or represent himself but the Braves weren’t untrading for Matt Olson. He didn’t have a choice.

As I’ve posted in this thread AD NASEUM, he did not want to leave. Andrew Friedman said very clearly that the dodgers had no chance at signing Freddie freeman until after the Matt Olson trade.

I don’t think he realized he was unhappy with how he was being represented until the Braves traded for Matt Olson. He could change agents 1,000 times or represent himself but the Braves weren’t untrading for Matt Olson. He didn’t have a choice.

As I’ve posted in this thread AD NASEUM, he did not want to leave. Andrew Friedman said very clearly that the dodgers had no chance at signing Freddie freeman until after the Matt Olson trade.

Dang we just posted the same **** at the same exact time, haha.

Such a drama queen

How is changing agents being a drama queen? If he called a presser and announced it that’d be one thing, but this is inside and apparently public info. He f’d up and is obviously distraught about it.

I don’t know why everyone is so bitchy about it. Dude poured his heart and soul into the organization and I guess y’all would be happier if he didn’t care?

How is changing agents being a drama queen? If he called a presser and announced it that’d be one thing, but this is inside and apparently public info. He f’d up and is obviously distraught about it.

I don’t know why everyone is so bitchy about it. Dude poured his heart and soul into the organization and I guess y’all would be happier if he didn’t care?
It’s probably due to a perfect storm of media attention brought on by the fact that Fox had the Saturday game and ESPN has Sunday night, so we all had to endure Freddie choking up about 20 times over the weekend.

Reactions: Wickman

VN Store

Back