The Atlanta Braves Thread

Pocketing $36MM would be a tough pill to swallow when you can’t develop pitching and just keep rolling over years on the calendar with an elite offensive core and not going for it

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
For the record, I don’t see them getting in a bidding war for Bauer(I wouldn’t) but I think they try to do something with money rather then pocketing it

For the record, I don’t see them getting in a bidding war for Bauer(I wouldn’t) but I think they try to do something with money rather then pocketing it
If Bauer is serious about only signing 1 year deals I would 100% be in on that bidding war.

These 3 game series gonna be some **** when the Reds and Blue Jays accidentally find themselves in the WS

These 3 game series gonna be some **** when the Reds and Blue Jays accidentally find themselves in the WS

Honestly that’s the hope that can end these silly shenanigans. If we get ****** teams in the WS this year and it’s a ratings massacre then MLB might shut this down.

Honestly that’s the hope that can end these silly shenanigans. If we get ****** teams in the WS this year and it’s a ratings massacre then MLB might shut this down.
I heard somebody (I think Harold Reynolds, surprisingly) talking about how great it was that the expanded playoffs let us talk about teams like the padres and white sox instead of the more condensed playoffs always having the same teams like the Red Sox

🤦🏻‍♂️

I heard somebody (I think Harold Reynolds, surprisingly) talking about how great it was that the expanded playoffs let us talk about teams like the padres and white sox instead of the more condensed playoffs always having the same teams like the Red Sox

🤦🏻‍♂️

Who wants to tell Harold the White Sox have the best record in the AL

MLB: Scheduling 1 pm day games on Friday because they can’t get all their games in primetime and also at 5pm on Monday-Thursday.

Also MLB: LET US ADD SIX MORE PLAYOFF TEAMS AND 20 MORE GAMES

What’s also hilarious is that MLB has more parity than the NBA and NFL despite having less teams in the postseason.

What’s also hilarious is that MLB has more parity than the NBA and NFL despite having less teams in the postseason.
I think the crap shoot nature of the sport lends itself to that. The NHL is kind of the same way. 162 games is a large enough sample size to figure out who the good teams are, but once the playoffs start almost anything can happen. You can score almost 30 runs on a team one day then give up 15 the next.

Really interesting if Braves go with a third catcher in the postseason since Snit like using Flowers/TDA against lefties together

VN Store

Back