The Active Shooter Thread

Breaking:

JERSEY CITY, NJ. (WTHR-WNBC) - Police are responding to an active shooter situation in Jersey City.

Sources say two officers may have been hit in what one law enforcement source described as an "ambush."

Sources say one individual, apparently with a long gun, may have been firing from a bodega.

This is a developing story and will be updated.

In case antone cares, in TN not only can you buy, own and carry switchblade knives but we don't have a blade length. You can walk the streets with you favorite katana, saber, gladius, Claymore, etc. I prefer a good hatchet/camping axe myself but every now and then I'll throw a machete over my shoulder when I want to let the world know that I'd rather not be f'd with today.

JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP) — Heavy gunfire has been reported in a Jersey City neighborhood.

SWAT teams have responded to the scene Tuesday, and police have blocked off the major thoroughfare. Loud volleys of gunfire could be heard at regular intervals but subsided around 2 p.m. in the city, which is just across the Hudson River from Manhattan.

Video shows a line of police officers armed with weapons pointed in several directions walking down the sidewalk. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives says it is responding.

The area has a Catholic school, a few convenience stories, a kosher supermarket and a hair stylist. Phones rang unanswered at several nearby businesses. The Catholic parish, Sacred Heart, has closed, and no one answered at its associated school.

Andy Patel works at a liquor store about three blocks away from the site of the shooting site and said there had been consistent gunfire fior about an hour Tuesday afternoon.

“I can hear the gunshots. It’s like firecrackers going off. They were shooting like crazy about an hour ago. Then it stopped for like 20 or 30 minutes. The cops were clearing everyone off the streets,” said Patel.

This story will be updated.

Reactions: MAD
JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP) — Heavy gunfire has been reported in a Jersey City neighborhood.

SWAT teams have responded to the scene Tuesday, and police have blocked off the major thoroughfare. Loud volleys of gunfire could be heard at regular intervals but subsided around 2 p.m. in the city, which is just across the Hudson River from Manhattan.

Video shows a line of police officers armed with weapons pointed in several directions walking down the sidewalk. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives says it is responding.

The area has a Catholic school, a few convenience stories, a kosher supermarket and a hair stylist. Phones rang unanswered at several nearby businesses. The Catholic parish, Sacred Heart, has closed, and no one answered at its associated school.

Andy Patel works at a liquor store about three blocks away from the site of the shooting site and said there had been consistent gunfire fior about an hour Tuesday afternoon.

“I can hear the gunshots. It’s like firecrackers going off. They were shooting like crazy about an hour ago. Then it stopped for like 20 or 30 minutes. The cops were clearing everyone off the streets,” said Patel.

This story will be updated.
Why are the major news networks not showing this?

UPDATED: JERSEY CITY SHOOTOUT

-3 officers reportedly injured, one is "gravely injured"

-not terror- or hate-related

-unclear if 2 suspects down are dead or injured ? Somebody hates somebody

BREAKING: Three people have been shot at an apartment complex for seniors and people with disabilities in Westerly, Rhode Island. No word yet if anyone is in custody.

VN Store

Back