The 24 Hour Rule

vol66

GBO!!!
Staff member
We let everyone have their say. I want to thank @OldTimer , @Freak , and all the other moderators for helping us this season, it could have been overwhelming but we got through it.

All the newcomers, glad yer here. We have but a few rules, please respect them.

As for the game…That was a hard post game to watch. Putting my own feelings aside, it was especially hard to watch a relatively young HC, who doesn’t want to look up from the stat sheet, it’s killing him inside, and owning it. He owned it. The two guys beside him followed his lead.

Nobody blamed anyone, and they gave Props to ND.

We should all endeavor to have the same grace.

CTV stayed. He had an opportunity to go, but he didn’t. This is a hiccup in a milestone of a season, in what hopefully will become other great seasons.

I’ve tried to read every post and I’ve seen the blame passing through every position, including former QB’s, Truck Stops, etc…

A lot of baseball stuff coming up, I hope y’all all stick around.

Be Civil. GBO!!!

Last edited:
A lot of people will disagree, but IMO, part of learning to be a champion is learning to lose gracefully. Accepting the outcome, respecting the hard work put in by your opponent, looking inside yourself and committing to do the things that make you better are all hallmarks of great players and great teams.

Taking it hard is OK. This year will be a milestone in the progress to greatness. Even better things are coming ahead.

“Successful people don’t fear failure but understand that it’s necessary to learn and grow from.” -Robert Kiyosaki

“Good people are good because they’ve come to wisdom through failure. We get very little wisdom from success, you know.” -William Saroyan

We let everyone have their say. I want to thank @OldTimer , @Freak , and all the other moderators for helping us this season, it could have been overwhelming but we got through it.

All the newcomers, glad yer here. We have but a few rules, please respect them.

As for the game…That was a hard post game to watch. Putting my own feelings aside, it was especially hard to watch a relatively young HC, who doesn’t want to look up from the stat sheet, it’s killing him inside, and owning it. He owned it. The two guys beside him followed his lead.

Nobody blamed anyone, and they gave Props to ND.

We should all endeavor to have the same grace.

CTV stayed. He had an opportunity to go, but he didn’t. This is a hiccup in a milestone of a season, in what hopefully will become other great seasons.

I’ve tried to read every post and I’ve seen the blame passing through every position, including former QB’s, Truck Stops, etc…

A lot of baseball stuff coming up, I hope y’all all stick around.

Be Civil. GBO!!!

I've really enjoyed the forum you guys have built. I'll definitely stick around.

24 hour rule for Volnation doesn't control all of social media. I suppose I can stay off that for a few months to avoid the idiots who are having their fun at our expense.

Had a appointment with my urologist (Vandy grad) this morning and he walked in and said "You realize I'm a urologist and there's nothing I can do to fix a broken heart but I can refer you to a cardiologist

if you think you need one." I've been his patient for about 12 years and he's a excellent doctor and big sports fan otherwise we might have gone fisticuffs! :)

Sports radio this morning is nothing but BaseVols bashing.

Bwahahahahaha.

Everyone of y'all know what that means. They hate us cause they ain't us.

Next year we'll be number one again.

They know it and can't deal with it.
It doesn’t bother me. Nobody can take away the wonderful season the Vols had. When’s the last time Tennessee won both the SEC regular season and SEC tournament?

24 hour rule for Volnation doesn't control all of social media. I suppose I can stay off that for a few months to avoid the idiots who are having their fun at our expense.

Had a appointment with my urologist (Vandy grad) this morning and he walked in and said "You realize I'm a urologist and there's nothing I can do to fix a broken heart but I can refer you to a cardiologist

if you think you need one." I've been his patient for about 12 years and he's a excellent doctor and big sports fan otherwise we might have gone fisticuffs! :)
Let them have their fun because for 63 games this season, I had a damn blast!!
Vol baseball is here to stay, we just have a little break between games now.
GBO!!

Sadly, the rival fan-bashing is here to stay, but I think our guys did a good job of self-control and just played the game, with a few exceptions. The foundation has been firmly laid for future successes, and we all got to see a truly historical season.

Tony V. post-game interview with Luc and Redmond was tough to watch - heard his voice crack a few times. What a freaking coach - took the blame head-on and gave props to Notre Dame.

So hard to watch. Man I love this team - fighters and winners!

Fell a little short but what a great season - SEC Regular Season Champions - SEC Tournament Championship - and a Regional Win.

Redmond, "I would give up all the records, all the saves, for one more game, one more practice with this group of guys!" Same sentiment from Luc. Just unbelievable guys!

Go Vols!

Great things on the horizon for Tony Vols and the Volunteer Baseball Program!

A very good friend and neighbor who pitched for the Astros back in the day became a big Vol baseball fan this year. He was texting me during all the games over the last 3 weeks. Of course he recognizes great baseball and was totally impressed with the Vols. Said it all to me!

A very good friend and neighbor who pitched for the Astros back in the day became a big Vol baseball fan this year. He was texting me during all the games over the last 3 weeks. Of course he recognizes great baseball and was totally impressed with the Vols. Said it all to me!

My Aggie friends, like most other fan bases, are happy about what happened to the Vols. They haven’t given me much grief because I am a quiet fan and don’t gloat. Secretly, I wonder if deep down they are happy because they don’t have to worry about Tennessee now.

VN Store

Back