The 2022 NBA Thread (Kyrie is still a clown edition)

On Lowe's pod, Bam confirmed a story about a pre-draft workout for the Heat where he profanity-laced **** talked Riley and Spo for asking him to go thru defensive switching drills, as if they should know this is easy for him.

Alright, a few days early, but whatever. I've seen enough.

MVP = Giannis
DPOY = Smart
ROY = Mobley
6MOY = Herro
COY = Monty
MIP = Grant and Bane can share it

1st = Luka, Ja, Giannis, Tatum, Jokic
2nd = Booker, CP3, Durant, Butler, Embiid
3rd = Haliburton, Steph, Lebron, Siakam, KAT
All Rookie = Giddey, Cunningham, Barnes, Wagner, Mobley

No Trae Young in all NBA? He’s top 4 in both PPG and APG and will lead the league in total points scored AND total assists.

No Trae Young in all NBA? He’s top 4 in both PPG and APG and will lead the league in total points scored AND total assists.

Yeah, probably belongs but I just don't like him. Little guard that dominates ball and might be the worst defender in the league. I just can't unless he's really efficient. The shooting was nice but 4 topg. If your offense is heliocentric, then I hold you to a higher standard. Voters usually do the opposite

Yeah, probably belongs but I just don't like him. Little guard that dominates ball and might be the worst defender in the league. I just can't unless he's really efficient. The shooting was nice but 4 topg. If your offense is heliocentric, then I hold you to a higher standard. Voters usually do the opposite

He’s 6th in the league in PER. His defense isn’t great but people don’t seem to knock other PGs like Ja for their subpar defense. He’s a more efficient scorer than people realize and his passing is grossly underrated. The guy came into the league from day one as an elite distributor and has been top 4 in the league in APG since his rookie year.

It doesn’t help he’s a pretty ugly dude tbh

He’s 6th in the league in PER. His defense isn’t great but people don’t seem to knock other PGs like Ja for their subpar defense. He’s a more efficient scorer than people realize and his passing is grossly underrated. The guy came into the league from day one as an elite distributor and has been top 4 in the league in APG since his rookie year.

It doesn’t help he’s a pretty ugly dude tbh

Yeah, I know all of that, but still.

He's an unbelievable passer...but he doesn't get guys involved enough or work off ball very hard. That's what Ja does. Dudes will play harder and better both ways and the offense is harder to stop if their job isn't to sit there and watch the PG dribble. His PER is high because he gets to have the ball all the time. He does well with it. But a lot of it is empty calorie stuff.

People compare him to Steph and he's a much more skilled passer than Steph but he's not Steph. Steph works his ass off on D and gets everybody involved in offense and gets dudes open without the ball. Trae needs to learn all of this.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
Trae is a high usage player who plays on a team that wildly underperformed. He puts absolutely no effort on D (unlike Steph), he doesn't have the leadership and winning intangibles of CP3 (he has teammates that hate him), and doesn't make his teammates better like Ja. That's why those 3 PGs are ahead of him.

Reactions: n_huffhines
Or just what @n_huffhines said

In fairness, Haliburton is a bit of a wild pick. Nobody would put him on all NBA, especially bc he got traded. But that dude played half the year on ball and half off, on ****** teams, and he played at an A- level in both roles, which is crazy. Jordan Poole is another guy who should get recognition for the same versatility. Making your team more malleable, especially at guard, has so much value and that value doesn't really show up in traditional stats.

Maybe I'm wrong for that philosophy, but that's the explanation

In fairness, Haliburton is a bit of a wild pick. Nobody would put him on all NBA, especially bc he got traded. But that dude played half the year on ball and half off, on ****** teams, and he played at an A- level in both roles, which is crazy. Jordan Poole is another guy who should get recognition for the same versatility. Making your team more malleable, especially at guard, has so much value and that value doesn't really show up in traditional stats.

Maybe I'm wrong for that philosophy, but that's the explanation

D. Murray or Trae?

D. Murray or Trae?

Tough call. Murray is good at D but it's another thing where the stats are big and nice but the lack of shooting hurts a lot. I think I have to give it to Trae bc heliocentric bad defense guards (Harden, Luka, Dame, Trae) seem to have more success than guards who can't shoot (Russ, Murray, Simmons, Fox).

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
Tough call. Murray is good at D but it's another thing where the stats are big and nice but the lack of shooting hurts a lot. I think I have to give it to Trae bc heliocentric bad defense guards (Harden, Luka, Dame, Trae) seem to have more success than guards who can't shoot (Russ, Murray, Simmons, Fox).
Dejounte averaged career highs across the board, even shooting percentage. 21/8.5/9.5, plus he either leads the NBA in steals or finishes 2nd behind PG (not sure, if he played enough games and you all know I love PG)) and like @BadJerry20 would say, Murray is a lot hotter than Trae

Dejounte averaged career highs across the board, even shooting percentage. 21/8.5/9.5, plus he either leads the NBA in steals or finishes 2nd behind PG (not sure, if he played enough games and you all know I love PG)) and like @BadJerry20 would say, Murray is a lot hotter than Trae

Really, the problem is there are a bunch of very good guards. ****, I don't even have Spyda on here. Then you got Harden, Kyrie, and Dame who all had weird years but are usually on the mix. Hell, I could put Bane on here. Guards are stacked.

And conversely, forward is not so stacked. Awesome guys at the very top. Awesome depth in the middle. But not all that many stars.

Reactions: The Dog
Trae is a high usage player who plays on a team that wildly underperformed. He puts absolutely no effort on D (unlike Steph), he doesn't have the leadership and winning intangibles of CP3 (he has teammates that hate him), and doesn't make his teammates better like Ja. That's why those 3 PGs are ahead of him.

Don’t agree with the “doesn’t make his teammates better” point.

Russ is so down that I'd root for a comeback, except he has absolutely no humility, self-awareness, makes no course corrections, and takes no ownership of anything.

Vogel getting fired is a blessing. He probably hated his life since November and now he gets to walk away from a fire he didn't create with a title and $$$. Lakers are going to end up overpaying somebody and/or getting a B-level coach. Nobody smart wants any part of this circus.

The rumors of Indiana wanting to dump Hield and Brogdon are kind of amazing for the Lakers, and it actually makes sense. The Pacers just want to rebuild. At best, they could get a highly protected 1st for those two, and they'd probably have to take a bad long-term contract back, which they don't want, so dumping those guys to the Lakers and either benching or buying out Russ might be their best option.

Maybe his 5th team in 5 years asking him to stay home will finally be the reality check he needs.

Russ is so down that I'd root for a comeback, except he has absolutely no humility, self-awareness, makes no course corrections, and takes no ownership of anything.

Vogel getting fired is a blessing. He probably hated his life since November and now he gets to walk away from a fire he didn't create with a title and $$$. Lakers are going to end up overpaying somebody and/or getting a B-level coach. Nobody smart wants any part of this circus.
Just make LeB**** the coach. He controls what the team does anyway

Just make LeB**** the coach. He controls what the team does anyway

All I've ever heard is that Lebron liked Vogel, and was impressed by his defensive game planning. I'm not saying he still does like Vogel but I've never heard anything negative.

If I had to guess, Pelinka fired the coach because he's on the hot seat and he's gotta do something and he can't fire the players. Lebron and AD probably could've saved Vogel but chose not to.

It's a circus. Pelinka told everybody before he told Vogel. They don't know WTF they're doing or how to even act like professionals in that organization. Lebron gets so much of the blame, and he should get some blame, but this **** show is ultimately on them. They're in charge. I get Cleveland bending over backwards for a 31 YO Lebron, but I have no idea why the Lakers feel they gotta do anything that a 37 YO Lebron says.

Last edited:
Reactions: YankeeVol
All I've ever heard is that Lebron liked Vogel, and was impressed by his defensive game planning. I'm not saying he still does like Vogel but I've never heard anything negative.

If I had to guess, Pelinka fired the coach because he's on the hot seat and he's gotta do something and he can't fire the players. Lebron and AD probably could've saved Vogel but chose not to.

It's a circus. Pelinka told everybody before he told Vogel. They don't know WTF they're doing or how to even act like professionals in that organization. Lebron gets so much of the blame, and he should get some blame, but this **** show is ultimately on them. They're in charge. I get Cleveland bending over backwards for a 31 YO Lebron, but I have no idea why the Lakers feel they gotta do anything that a 37 YO Lebron says.
Oh it's a total s*** show and I'm here for it lol

Reactions: n_huffhines

VN Store

Back