The 2022 NBA Thread (Kyrie is still a clown edition)

The odds are funny to me. I go

Celtics
GSW/Mavs
Heat

But Vegas goes

GSW
Celtics
Heat
Mavs

I got money on Celtics for the title from back in February and I just laid down on Mavs.

Ayton saying he plays video games so much that he'll typically get 2 hours of sleep a night. IDK if he's exaggerating or what, but it sounds like at least he's sleeping on game days...

Looking like another blowout, since those 2 Game 7s, the playoffs have had 5 straight blowouts, 6, if the Mavs add to this 20 point lead

Grant and PJ about got into it. More than less the same player, built by Rick Barnes

Edit: my bad, .... and their desire, both of these guys worked their ass off

Actually, Horford and Noah's peaks were about even. Both were the best player on an ECF team that lost to Lebron. Noah was like 3rd in MVP that year, tho, and Kyrie was the C's regular season star, so it was just a playoff push for Horford.

Noah had a better peak but Horford's career is much longer. Beal is a bigger star in the traditional sense but has had an insignificant career. So yeah, it's Horford, IMO.

Is Udonis Haslem still playing? 😆
Seems like he was in the league for 30 years

One of the scary things about this Celtics run is Time Lord has missed half the playoffs and Smart has missed a handful of games, too.

283952756_2265305850286264_6487460589535136183_n.jpg

White Chocolate imo
I forgot all about him, loved him, but I don't know, Horford has been so consistent, for so long. Williams is definitely more fun to watch. If Beal could win some more, he might be able to catch Horford. Still don"t think any of 'em are HOF guys. Is Jason Williams in the HOF ? Surely not

I agree, except for Jokic. I thought Ayton would make a huge jump after kinda coming out in last year's Finals run, I was wrong again

He was playing with a broken orbital bone and the team around him is not ideal. Embiid's best hope is next year. The best-case scenario is Harden picks up his extension and takes the season seriously and comes in his best shape playing for that next contract.

I would definitely pay Embiid, Jokic, and Bam (if you want to count him as a center) a max contract. Hopefully, the Suns would. Centers like Gobert, Ayton, Allen, Time Lord, etc. are all very good and raise their team's floor, but once they are making max $, they also present a lower ceiling.

Reactions: The Dog
He was playing with a broken orbital bone and the team around him is not ideal. Embiid's best hope is next year. The best-case scenario is Harden picks up his extension and takes the season seriously and comes in his best shape playing for that next contract.

I would definitely pay Embiid, Jokic, and Bam (if you want to count him as a center) a max contract. Hopefully, the Suns would. Centers like Gobert, Ayton, Allen, Time Lord, etc. are all very good and raise their team's floor, but once they are making max $, they also present a lower ceiling.
Yeah, agree, Embiid, not sure about Bam, if he is even a center like you said

Yeah, agree, Embiid, not sure about Bam, if he is even a center like you said

Bam might be the best on ball defender in the NBA and he's not a superstar on offense but he is a star and can create for others.

That 2nd max he'll be up for will be too big, but he's worth every penny of this max deal.

VN Store

Back