The 2022 NBA Thread (Kyrie is still a clown edition)

Confession time, I have never seen either Space Jam. I can't stand bad-to-decent sports movies. Even beloved ones like Remember the Titans and Bull Durham. I like almost everything about BD except Tim Robbins has a noodle arm and I cannot get past it. There's usually something like that detracting from my enjoyment with sports flicks.

Confession time, I have never seen either Space Jam. I can't stand bad-to-decent sports movies. Even beloved ones like Remember the Titans and Bull Durham. I like almost everything about BD except Tim Robinson has a noodle arm and I cannot get past it. There's usually something like that detracting from my enjoyment with sports flicks.

if you didn’t see space jam as a kid I can see why somebody would not get it. We used to drive from California to Tennessee and back to see my family for holidays and we had Space Jam on VHS and 5 year old me would watch it 7-8 times. It’s special for me.

Reactions: BadJerry20
if you didn’t see space jam as a kid I can see why somebody would not get it. We used to drive from California to Tennessee and back to see my family for holidays and we had Space Jam on VHS and 5 year old me would watch it 7-8 times. It’s special for me.

I was probably like 13 when it came out and it just looked stupid. I was old enough for bad acting to bother me and MJ is the worst.

Damn, u all make me feel old, I took my daughter (now 30, then 5ish, I think) to see it, mosttly because it was the kid's movie, I wanted to see the most

Confession time, I have never seen either Space Jam. I can't stand bad-to-decent sports movies. Even beloved ones like Remember the Titans and Bull Durham. I like almost everything about BD except Tim Robbins has a noodle arm and I cannot get past it. There's usually something like that detracting from my enjoyment with sports flicks.

It's weird, I know I watched Space Jam cause I remember everything about it, but I don't actually remember ever watching Space Jam.

I think I've seen every sh*tty basketball movie ever made. White Men Can't Jump is the GOAT though, it convinced me I could be a playground hustler. Sidenote: Sidney Dean had a crappy handle.

I think I've seen every sh*tty basketball movie ever made. White Men Can't Jump is the GOAT though, it convinced me I could be a playground hustler. Sidenote: Sidney Dean had a crappy handle.

In no specific order, I find these watchable

Above the Rim
Hoosiers
Semi-Pro
He Got Game
Teen Wolf
WMCJ

I've never seen Love & Basketball but I hear pretty good things

In no specific order, I find these watchable

Above the Rim
Hoosiers
Semi-Pro
He Got Game
Teen Wolf
WMCJ

I've never seen Love & Basketball but I hear pretty good things

I love WMCJ and Above the Rim. Like Coach Carter, Hoosiers, and Glory Road. And guilty pleasure Sunset Park, Blue Chips, and Rebound:The Legend of Earl Manigault mostly nostalgia on the last 3. Love and Basketball is meh too me, but I hate love sooo. And a bunch of docs Hoop Dreams the GOAT doc though.

Wasn't really into Coach Carter. I watched Glory Road and thought the movie was over and then saw it had 30 minutes left and I was like "nah". I later heard that was the end of the basketball stuff, so I'm glad I stopped there. The basketball scenes were some of the best I have seen in movies.

Reactions: BadJerry20

VN Store

Back