The 2021 NFL Season Thread

The key is them being in the shotgun. They're not taking a knee. Did they change the play? Likely. Were they going for it before the TO? Definitely.

A knee from the shotgun? Seriously? In the NFL? A knee from the shotgun? Not happening.
You are all wrong, the decision came from the stands…It was the mob

911C0ED6-96BF-4C27-A3ED-AC5A2A5641DB.jpeg

Reactions: orangepridenation
The usage of the ☠️ emoji in this tweet just feels…really weird and like it was not entirely thought through:

Reactions: MAD
I am still reeling from how awesome that Raider Charger game was, can’t imagine the emotions the Steeler fans went through
It was excruciating. When the raiders were up by 12 I felt that was a pretty good number to avoid a tie but when they kicked the field goal to make it 15 I was like uh oh. I think what happened at the end was a case of both teams wanted the satisfaction of knocking the other out of the playoffs. What would have been crazy would have been for the chargers to block the FG and take it to the house. I’m kinda torn on it tho. Yeah I’m glad the Steelers got in but they’ll more than likely get smoked in KC. Would have been good to see Ben finish his career with a W

Reactions: MAD
The Raiders were running the clock out, that’s why they ran play action early in that drive, and why they ran the ball repeatedly instead of just kneeling, and why they were set up to run a real offensive play on third down again instead of just kneeling, again. It’s because they were going to kneel.

Then they heard the whistle and decided “f*** you, now we’re going to run the ball just like we were about to, but we’re going to really try this time…because…we’re mad you called a timeout.” None of this makes any sense

Reactions: zjcvols and MAD
Then people say the Chargers “broke the trust” by signaling that they wanted the ball back, because teams that want the ball back love letting the other team run the play clock down to 4. They said no thanks to 36 extra seconds but wanted the ball back. What?

Reactions: zjcvols and MAD
Look at it the other way. Why should the offense get to keep the ball when they are careless with it near the goal line? Better be sure when you put those arms out

Well, the offense gets to keep the ball if the ball rolls out of bounds on every other area of the field. I do not like how the end zone is treated differently.

In my opinion, it makes sense that the defense has to recover the fumble for them to gain possession. I do not understand why the defense arbitrarily gains possession if the ball rolls through the end zone and out of bounds, but they don’t when the ball rolls out of bounds at any other yard line. Ultimately, I think a team should have to actually gain possession of the ball to earn possession.

If we go by the logic in your question, it would make more sense to award the defense the ball anytime the ball rolls out of bounds. I would rather have it be all that way or all the other way. I don’t like how there are different rules for the end zone than the field of play. I think that doesn’t make sense.

Well, the offense gets to keep the ball if the ball rolls out of bounds on every other area of the field. I do not like how the end zone is treated differently.

In my opinion, it makes sense that the defense has to recover the fumble for them to gain possession. I do not understand why the defense arbitrarily gains possession if the ball rolls through the end zone and out of bounds, but they don’t when the ball rolls out of bounds at any other yard line. Ultimately, I think a team should have to actually gain possession of the ball to earn possession.

If we go by the logic in your question, it would make more sense to award the defense the ball anytime the ball rolls out of bounds. I would rather have it be all that way or all the other way. I don’t like how there are different rules for the end zone than the field of play. I think that doesn’t make sense.

The endzone is always treated differently. If any play ends anywhere on the field, it's different than if the play ends in the endzone, right? A safety is 2 points and the ball...that rule is completely unlike any other rule in football.

I think you are looking for consistency, and I don't think that consistency matters. Just look at it as a punishment for being careless with the ball at the goal line or a reward for the defense making a play at the goal line. It doesn't have to match sideline fumble rules.

Last edited:
The endzone is always treated differently. If any play ends anywhere on the field, it's different than if the play ends in the endzone, right? A safety is 2 points and the ball...that rule is completely unlike any other rule in football.

I think you are looking for consistency, and I don't think that consistency matters. Just look at it as a punishment for being careless with the ball at the goal line or a reward for the defense making a play at the goal line. It doesn't have to match sideline fumble rules.

Yes, I wish the rules were more consistent. I never really liked the safety rule that much either. I’ve always thought it should be worth more than 2 points.

Bengals haven't won a playoff game since 1990. Raiders haven't since 2002. One of them will win a playoff game this weekend.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Bengals haven't won a playoff game since 1990. Raiders haven't since 2002. One of them will win a playoff game this weekend.
Whoa 1990, that’s before we even had text messages and people carried pagers.

I heard rumors/speculation that Flores didn't want Watson, and that's why he and ownership were at odds.

271724050_4939549802805307_1611314371959018773_n.jpg

VN Store

Back