The 2020 Tennessee Lady Vols

Really good team. On one hand, I applaud Kellie for scheduling a tough opponent...but she's going to have to find a way to win either the Texas game or this one. Tennessee's OOC results will not be pretty if they get swept by the only non-horrible teams on their slate.
100% . These Lady Vols need to win some of these big games . Might as well start now against Texas and build some momentum as we get ready for SEC play.

I hate that doubles play. If 2 catches at the 3pt line and doesn't have a shot you've wasted a ton of clock and you're not in great position to create anything or run another set.

I've seen some other versions of the throwback rip where 3 comes off the screen from 5 and gets a great look driving across the center of the lane. I'm tough on KK but the one thing she can do is set screens.

This is the man to man offense I wish we would run 1/4 High: Basketball Offense, 1-4 High Stack Offense and Plays Check out Lobo, Aggie, and Geno's sets.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Just thinking about next season for a minute as of course a lot can happen in 9 months we'll have a lot of returnees and top 15 class coming in.

PG- Horston Junior, Walker Junior, Miles Freshman
2G-Rennie Sophomore, Salary Freshman, Darby Freshman, Wynn Freshman
C-Key Sophomore, Saunders Sophomore, Striplin Freshman
PF-Green Senior, Suarez Freshman
WF-Burrell Junior, Puckett Freshman

According the the NCAA covid rules we'll have six freshmen and only one senior. This means we only have two scholarships to give in 2022 and one is already filled. The point being we'll need some attrition to sign more than two players and even if that happens we'd have 15 on scholarship and only two seniors the next season. So do we really expect to see all these players here after next season looks highly doubtful to me. The transfer portal is going to get interesting not only for Tennessee but for almost everybody as the scholarships fill up because of the covid rule.

Just thinking about next season for a minute as of course a lot can happen in 9 months we'll have a lot of returnees and top 15 class coming in.

PG- Horston Junior, Walker Junior, Miles Freshman
2G-Rennie Sophomore, Salary Freshman, Darby Freshman, Wynn Freshman
C-Key Sophomore, Saunders Sophomore, Striplin Freshman
PF-Green Senior, Suarez Freshman
WF-Burrell Junior, Puckett Freshman

According the the NCAA covid rules we'll have six freshmen and only one senior. This means we only have two scholarships to give in 2022 and one is already filled. The point being we'll need some attrition to sign more than two players and even if that happens we'd have 15 on scholarship and only two seniors the next season. So do we really expect to see all these players here after next season looks highly doubtful to me. The transfer portal is going to get interesting not only for Tennessee but for almost everybody as the scholarships fill up because of the covid rule.

Burrell, Walker and Green (if she returns) would all be graduating after next season. So that's 3 scholarships, with 1 already filled.

There's an opportunity to improve talent across the board at all positions, to be honest...especially at the guard positions and succession plan for Key at C. Hopefully they find some experienced options in the portal or have some elite recruits lined up.

Burrell, Walker and Green (if she returns) would all be graduating after next season. So that's 3 scholarships, with 1 already filled.

There's an opportunity to improve talent across the board at all positions, to be honest...especially at the guard positions and succession plan for Key at C. Hopefully they find some experienced options in the portal or have some elite recruits lined up.
This year does not count for Walker and she would have two more. Same for Burrell who is a junior this season will still be a junior next season. Green will be a senior for sure just like this year.

This year does not count for Walker and she would have two more. Same for Burrell who is a junior this season will still be a junior next season. Green will be a senior for sure just like this year.

Ok, I get what you did now. IMO, I think you'll see more players opt to graduate on time than take the optional 5th year of eligibility (across the board, not just at Tennessee). I would also think that Tennessee will just tell players that there isn't a scholarship available for a 5th year if they need to recruit over. Not that they'd do that if Burrell or Horston wanted to stay, but probably some of the others would fit in that scenario.

Ok, I get what you did now. IMO, I think you'll see more players opt to graduate on time than take the optional 5th year of eligibility (across the board, not just at Tennessee). I would also think that Tennessee will just tell players that there isn't a scholarship available for a 5th year if they need to recruit over. Not that they'd do that if Burrell or Horston wanted to stay, but probably some of the others would fit in that scenario.
Exactly if were going to have more than two in that class. Right now for that year were at 14 so we'll need some attrition whether it is desired or inflicted by the coaching staff. Burrell keeps playing at the current level she will be a first round draft choice and will be gone. Horston needs a better offensive game but expect she will be drafted in one of the rounds because of all the other things she does well. Personally I would like to see both of them come back and play with Wynn, Striplin, Puckett, and Pissott and hopefully Key and Suarez. I think that could be a very solid team.

Exactly if were going to have more than two in that class. Right now for that year were at 14 so we'll need some attrition whether it is desired or inflicted by the coaching staff. Burrell keeps playing at the current level she will be a first round draft choice and will be gone. Horston needs a better offensive game but expect she will be drafted in one of the rounds because of all the other things she does well. Personally I would like to see both of them come back and play with Wynn, Striplin, Puckett, and Pissott and hopefully Key and Suarez. I think that could be a very solid team.

I think you're spot on. Burrell/Horston will only stick around for a 5th year if there's benefit to them...whether improved WNBA stock or a chance at a title. I'm not sure I see it happening either way.

VN Store

Back