The 2020 Tennessee Lady Vols

I thought some of the problem with last years team in some game is that we couldn't go small when we were playing an opponent that used smaller one two guards. This year with Walker and Salary we can at least matchup somewhat better. Getting hurt by quick smaller point guards was a huge problem. I think we'll match up better against these players this season.

I thought some of the problem with last years team in some game is that we couldn't go small when we were playing an opponent that used smaller one two guards. This year with Walker and Salary we can at least matchup somewhat better. Getting hurt by quick smaller point guards was a huge problem. I think we'll match up better against these players this season.

I will agree but also it depends on the team we play, To note not only did we have a problem with quick and smaller point guards. We got nothing form our wing players other then Davis and Burrell. Now with Marta Suárez and Keyen Green it helps.

A lot of basketball coming up this week Florida A&M plays Florida State November 25 before they play us on November 27, then we have Western Kentucky on Saturday, and ETSU on Tuesday. The Men Vols will be playing Wednesday against Charlotte and Friday versus VCU then on to Indianapolis to play number one Gonzaga on Wednesday December 2. That is six games in six days going to be the best week in a while. According to Massey Florida A&M is number 348 and they project a Tennessee win 82 to 44. I expect us to score more than 82 in the game. Western Kentucky is rated number 93 everyone on their roster seems to be either a senior of a freshman think they had one sophomore. ETSU is number 270 they no longer have the player that put up the big number on us last season. Looks like were 12 point favorites on Western Kentucky and 25 point favorites on ETSU.

Looking at the Massey ratings for SEC teams starting the season:

South Carolina is number 3 I totally disagree that Oregon is number one but that is the way they have it. Baylor number 2 and UConn 4
Miss St 8
Texas A&M 17
Kentucky 18
Arkansas 19
Tennessee 29
LSU 42
Alabama 48
Georgia 62
Missouri 68
Vanderbilt 72
Auburn 74 Unique Thompson back for another season and a lot of new faces on the roster.
Florida 82
Mississippi 152 which I totally disagree with much improved team with a huge influx of talent this season.

A lot of basketball coming up this week Florida A&M plays Florida State November 25 before they play us on November 27, then we have Western Kentucky on Saturday, and ETSU on Tuesday. The Men Vols will be playing Wednesday against Charlotte and Friday versus VCU then on to Indianapolis to play number one Gonzaga on Wednesday December 2. That is six games in six days going to be the best week in a while. According to Massey Florida A&M is number 348 and they project a Tennessee win 82 to 44. I expect us to score more than 82 in the game. Western Kentucky is rated number 93 everyone on their roster seems to be either a senior of a freshman think they had one sophomore. ETSU is number 270 they no longer have the player that put up the big number on us last season. Looks like were 12 point favorites on Western Kentucky and 25 point favorites on ETSU.

South Carolina is number 3 I totally disagree that Oregon is number one but that is the way they have it. Baylor number 2 and UConn 4
Miss St 8
Texas A&M 17
Kentucky 18
Arkansas 19
Tennessee 29
LSU 42
Alabama 48
Georgia 62
Missouri 68
Vanderbilt 72
Auburn 74 Unique Thompson back for another season and a lot of new faces on the roster.
Florida 82
Mississippi 152 which I totally disagree with much improved team with a huge influx of talent this season.
Isn’t the Massey rating from the end of last season?

Miss St 8
Texas A&M 17
Kentucky 18
Arkansas 19
Tennessee 29
LSU 42
Alabama 48
Georgia 62
Missouri 68
Vanderbilt 72
Florida 82
link?

Miss St 8
Texas A&M 17
Kentucky 18
Arkansas 19
Tennessee 29
LSU 42
Alabama 48
Georgia 62
Missouri 68
Vanderbilt 72
Florida 82
she transferred?

Yes, Erica Haynes-Overton transferred to play for the Kansas Jayhawks — one of the more surprising transfer destinations in my memory. What a player! Wish it were Tennessee instead of Kansas.
Just read she tore her ACL again in practice. She’s had a tough go of it for sure

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Listening to the interview looks like we could see a varying lineup based on the other teams personnel. Looks like Davis and Burrell are in there every game with more than likely Key and Green in most games. She mentioned that one of the points was Walker didn't mention Horston as a sure starter which was some bit of surprise I expect she will start. So right now thinking we'll see Davis, Burrell, Horston, Key and Green as the starting five with Walker, KK, Suarez and then maybe Salary as the next up. She mentioned she thought Darby would get some minutes as well. No mention of Renee, Saunders, or McCoy so we'll have to see how they fit in. Really encouraging to hear that she thinks Suarez can play three to four positions. She seemed really high on her. Hopefully she turns out to be the steal of the recruiting class.
So my thoughts is that we'll see a more aggressive Davis, Burrell may have arrived as a top player. Green is a physical post that should really help Key. The SEC is a lot better this season think every team has improved hopefully we'll have a great season ahead.
I think we could see a lot of minutes with Horston as the driving two with possibly Burrell or Suarez as the stretch four with Davis and Walker running the point. I'm sure Horston will play a lot of point, but I think the basic reason we got Walker and recruited Salary is to try and slow down plus match the quickness of some of the smaller point guards in the league. If Walker and Salary could get the hang of the point guard position I think it would be difficult for any team to control Davis, Burrell, and Horston getting to the basket. The way Horston has matured and got so much physically stronger she is looking more suited for the 2 or 3 in the future this year I hope she can put her name on that list of top 25 players in the country. This season looks like we have more talent and depth at every position hopefully that means a lot of wins.

Listening to the interview looks like we could see a varying lineup based on the other teams personnel. Looks like Davis and Burrell are in there every game with more than likely Key and Green in most games. She mentioned that one of the points was Walker didn't mention Horston as a sure starter which was some bit of surprise I expect she will start. So right now thinking we'll see Davis, Burrell, Horston, Key and Green as the starting five with Walker, KK, Suarez and then maybe Salary as the next up. She mentioned she thought Darby would get some minutes as well. No mention of Renee, Saunders, or McCoy so we'll have to see how they fit in. Really encouraging to hear that she thinks Suarez can play three to four positions. She seemed really high on her. Hopefully she turns out to be the steal of the recruiting class.
So my thoughts is that we'll see a more aggressive Davis, Burrell may have arrived as a top player. Green is a physical post that should really help Key. The SEC is a lot better this season think every team has improved hopefully we'll have a great season ahead.
I think we could see a lot of minutes with Horston as the driving two with possibly Burrell or Suarez as the stretch four with Davis and Walker running the point. I'm sure Horston will play a lot of point, but I think the basic reason we got Walker and recruited Salary is to try and slow down plus match the quickness of some of the smaller point guards in the league. If Walker and Salary could get the hang of the point guard position I think it would be difficult for any team to control Davis, Burrell, and Horston getting to the basket. The way Horston has matured and got so much physically stronger she is looking more suited for the 2 or 3 in the future this year I hope she can put her name on that list of top 25 players in the country. This season looks like we have more talent and depth at every position hopefully that means a lot of wins.

Good post ! And you are 100% correct the lineup will depend on the other teams personnel. Kellie also said Green at 6-1 under size has been working with the tall post players to be able to get that shot off against some of the taller and more athletic players in the SEC.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
one of my favorite part was her trying to mimick Coach Pat's signature moves about how Pat walked into practice very quickly so she did the same but no one seamed to notice the different walk
1f923.png

Reactions: krichunaka
preseason bracketology....now if it will just stay this way, I am OK with our bracket-placement (but not our rank)
bracketology 001.jpg

VN Store

Back