The 12th Annual VolNation BOWL PICK CONTEST is Live! (Updated through 1.2)

Rifleman

Im in too, but bowls arent my forte. They are very unstable when compared to the rather predictable rhythms of the regular season.
You have two choices if you want to have the best bowl picks in any pool:

1) Watch all team interviews, players and coaches, and read as much of the hometown reporting as possible to get a 'read-between-the-lines' sense of where each team is mentally. Are they jacked to be in the Birmingham Bowl? Are they depressed? Also check out the fanboards or talk to actual fans of a particular team to get the lay of the land. With that, you can then consult the vegas lines and statistical comparisons and with the right combo of science and art . . . boom, you're in the money! Or, more often, out of the money but pretty close to the top.

2) And this is my strategy this year: have no strategy and get lucky. A co-worker won my office's NCAA tourney pool one year with a magic 8 ball. My wife's NCAA tourney bracket was above the 90th percentile last year and all her decisions were based on whether she liked the uniforms of a particular team. It happens.

jerseydevilvol

Have a question Im down to the last pick at 32.And all I see is finale four teams can someone help please.Thanks.
You either pick the Cle/OK game or the Ala/MSU game and then put down the points you want. At least that's what I did, Freak correct me if I'm wrong. ok maybe I'm wrong, don't listen to me.

Last edited:

ITSGR82BATNVOL

Most passionate fan base
Have a question Im down to the last pick at 32.And all I see is finale four teams can someone help please.Thanks.
Pretty simple.
3rd from bottom ur picking between Clemson and OU

2nd from bottom ur picking between MSU and Bama

bottom ur picking between the winner of the Clemson and OU game vs. the winner of the MSU and Bama game

Hope this helps. Don't forget to pick total points in the final game.

TrueOrange

Darn. Just back home around 5 min ago and it turned to 8pm just a tad before I hit submit.

Oh well. Wish everyone the best of luck and I hope you guys have fun with it this year. :hi:

Last edited:

TrueOrange

You've had 2 weeks, smh. Playing too much fantasy to do anything else?
I didn't decide to actually do it until seeing the reminder this afternoon (I had presumed I already missed it since the bowl games already started), and my phone was having issues with the submissions page during the lovely 3 hour wait I got to endure at CVS this afternoon so I was just going to use my laptop when I got home.

My post was by no means a complaint. Rather than be pouty or something, I figured it'd be better to go the wish those playing the best of luck (though in hindsight, I can see how it might not look like me sincerely saying "have fun" and instead look like whining...I might need to reword it).

(And nah, not too much fantasy. I'm in a two-city relationship, and there's been a lot of traveling back and forth the last week and a half. :) )

Last edited:

daj2576

@aVolForLife
Are we gone have a real time bowl game results scoreboard?:popcorn:
I'm 6-3 right now. I should be 7-2 but made a stupid clerical error that I didn't catch until today. That's the way it goes, though.

I imagine that puts me in the middle of the pack. I'm interested to see how others are doing.

Last edited:

VN Store