That was the biggest screw job I have ever seen

Official time out when we came out in the wildcat

Phantom targeting call at the goalline

Lack of a targeting call on Maurer

Phantom call on us with their QB

Hold on the goal line

PI calls

Bama holding as always, no calls.

I don’t think we win in any event, but the score is a helluva lot closer and we MAY just steal it.

Nice job, Gump refs. Get your SEC bonus.

How about two different phantom time outs when we caught them flat as we went to a wildcat offense? Had to allow them to get ready for it?? WTH???

Reactions: GameTime
that's 11 points right there

The bias was really strong on that play.... They ruled him out of bounds when I THINK the only replay I saw looked like he extended the ball into the pylon....

The PI call being ignored by the official that another replay showed him with a great view of the play and it having to be called by the guy deep in the endzone... it was that over the top.... Bet this display costs coach some money...

Reactions: BleedinOrange98
BS, I’ve never seen targeting of another players armpit..especially when he’s diving for a TD. Completely wrong call. How does Bituli keep his head up when the other players body is 3 feet off the ground. No way they call that against Bama.
When they started to get up you can clearly see the point of contact was Bituli's shoulder. It was a bad camera angle that made it appear to be leading with the crown.

Let's not forget the play when Bama had the ball and the play clock expired for like 5 seconds the the refs finally blew the whistle and claimed Bama had called timeout.

That wasn't targeting on Maurer. The Bituli hit is going to get called targeting every time.

I agree with the rest though

I agree. Those two calls were okay, but the rest was garbage.

Lets not forget the Pass interference on Warrior in the endzone 1Q. That was garbage as Warrior did place hands on TE hip, but i was within 5 yards and before ball was thrown. they just kept throwing flags until Bama scored that 1st TD.

Also, there was a play where Jennings ran wild cat & scored and the refs threw 3 flags, two of which were holding. No holding at all. I mean completely made up.

Also, Saban is a Du$he. To compare the last fumble in the end zone to Warriors interceptions just demonstrates that UT controlled the line of scrimmage in the second half, and it also proves that Saban is concerned with the optics of this game for his crew.

I've seen 3 bigger screw jobs. There was an Oregon-Oklahoma game about 10-15 years ago, Pac 10 crew, straight stole the game from Oklahoma, that's No. 1. No. 2, I hate to admit it but that national championship game with Alabama-Georgia, that also changed the result of that game. No. 3, Florida-South Carolina at noon yesterday. What are the odds, I've been watching ball for 35 years, two on the same day? The SEC's got to do something.

I bash the refs, esp against Bama, and I cant stand that officiating crew. I didnt quite see them calling it lopsided. That was no targeting on Maurer dude lol. Bama had a couple PIs that some refs would have let go. UT also had a false start on UTs 1st score they missed. Outside of the garbage flag on Taylor, I wasnt too ticked, and that's rare for.me.
Anytime "mush-mouth" Hubert's officiating crew is in charge, expect confusion, incompetence & failure.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
Anytime "mush-mouth" Hubert's officiating crew is in charge, expect confusion, incompetence & failure.

Go back and take a look at the official making a phantom TD catch by UF's Gaffney in the infamous incompletion for a game winner. The official who had his hands in the air when the ball was thrown was Hubert. Makes me wanna puke to this very day.

It’s been worse in the past. We were still in a position to make it a one score game if not win. If JG doesn’t audible and we score on the fourth and goal we have all of the momentum and would only be down by one score.

I don’t think we win in any event, but the score is a helluva lot closer and we MAY just steal it.

You forgot this one:

JG's overthrown-by-9-yards incomplete pass to a completely wide-open td-endzone-bound Jennings (or "Jenkins" as esppn called him earlier). << just like the TE overthow in the FL game.

Reactions: rocketskates
It’s been worse in the past. We were still in a position to make it a one score game if not win. If JG doesn’t audible and we score on the fourth and goal we have all of the momentum and would only be down by one score.

And the 9-yard overthrow to Jennings, 12:00.

Reactions: rocketskates
The refs affected the outcome of the
game very positively for Bama....

Tried watching game again and knowing what was coming it was so obvious the refs were favoring Bama is just pitiful.

They did forget the late hit flag after overturning targeting...

Hell of a night....

Reactions: Bigorangedan23
Go back and take a look at the official making a phantom TD catch by UF's Gaffney in the infamous incompletion for a game winner. The official who had his hands in the air when the ball was thrown was Hubert. Makes me wanna puke to this very day.

Didn't know Hubert was involved in that disgrace. Of course, AL Matthews got most of the well-deserved criticism.

tenor.gif

After seeing it replayed several times I came to the same conclusion. He led with his shoulder not his helmet.

There were three really awful calls at least that day that involved AM.... 1) very late in the first half we were down near the South goalline with a pass where our receiver basically toe tapped at the sideline and fell out of bounds, but AM ruled forward progress and wound the clock costing us a shot or two at the endzone.... 2) at the same endzone of the PI a FL ball carrier was tackled, fell forward and was awarded a TD, when multiple still shots later showed him upright with both knees down outside the 1. Replay would have fixed that one.... and then of course the PI....

An admission of sorts by the league officials (though never announced) was made when AM was moved to Rocky Goodes crew where he would never be able to call a UT game again.... not sure if it was during the season or before the next one....

If anybody has old film that shows any of these to not be true please school me....

Last edited:
They threw a flag for ununsportsmanlike conduct because of the late hit on Maurer.
They reviewed for targeting.
Didn't they call it a late hit on the field?
I get the no targeting but I don't see how they had enough to retract the late hit.
I wouldn't cry foul had no flag been called but the late hit without targeting should have stayed.

With Bituili's there was no flag when they reviewed it. If they had an angle showing him clearly leading with the crown of his helmet they certainly didn't show the television audience that angle.

I don't buy into conspiracy or premeditation but I believe in susceptibility to bias and the Questionable/Game Changing calls certainly went against us.
They did not call a late hit or roughing the passer... just targeting. If it was a late hit with targeting or roughing the passer with targeting, then only the targeting could be reviewed, but either way, the non-targeting call would stand no matter if targeting was reversed or not.

It is all in how they call out and if it is something WITH targeting or solely targeting.

They did not call a late hit or roughing the passer... just targeting. If it was a late hit with targeting or roughing the passer with targeting, then only the targeting could be reviewed, but either way, the non-targeting call would stand no matter if targeting was reversed or not.

It is all in how they call out and if it is something WITH targeting or solely targeting.
Doh!!

I was wrong.

Thanks for the correction.

Last edited:
I watched a Bama player break a aTm player's facemask with the crown of his helmet. They literally had to collect debris on the field where it shattered. No flag.

I thought you couldn't target a runner, only a defenseless player. I was clearly wrong.

That wasn't targeting on Maurer. The Bituli hit is going to get called targeting every time.

I agree with the rest though

I think the proper call on Maurer should have been roughing the passer. The ball was already gone when he got pushed

Serious question what should Bituli do different and still keep the receiver from scoring? Targeting is bad for the game when they call hits like this targeting.

Kick the guy in the face? Seriously it was a bs call. The JJ touchdown called back for no apparent reason was a bs call. The DT personal foul was a bs call.

They can initiate a targeting call from the replay booth, in the Florida game the coach tried to initiate the review when no flag was thrown. They were told that a coach couldn’t challenge targeting if it wasn’t called on the field, only the replay booth can.

VN Store

Back