That Goal Line Stand

I think everyone just had to learn. The defense had to learn their assignments and settle in. Coach Pruitt has had to learn how to be a head coach. Everyone had to find their niche and start mastering it. Hopefully we continue to improve and it carrys over to next season.

Yes, he has had to. The bad thing about that is, it's on the job training, for someone who has never been a head coach. In my mind now and I hope for several others, he is trending up.

Nigel taken that pitch man was the difference. Kid has been ballin lately and maybe playing himself into draft status. And i was equally impressed when he ran straight thru the blocker to stop that end around earlier.
He straight BLEW those guys up on that end around!!!💪💪💪 that’s VOL FOOTBALL!!!

Looked like the defense had doomed us in the first half and a lot of the 2nd, but it saved us when it counted. I'll never understand some of the sets Pruitt was running with 6 in the box and 5 spread out when it was a certainty Kentucky wasn't going to pass the ball.

It seemed like that, bu KY didn't score one point after their first two possessions.

Watching the whole goal line stand now on Hulu Plus. So glad I dropped cable and decided to just stick with this.

3fvzu9.jpg

Right. I saw Warrior shoot out like a bullet to cover that pitch man and two guys filled the hole. Man, a lot of these D guys in the rotation now and have really come on. Now we talkin
Blakely should get a lot of credit because he was huge on the 4th down stop. Bowden would have scored IMO if Blakely doesn't fight off his blocker and get to him because Bowden would have turned inside. It would have be very hard for anyone to stop him short of the goal line with that momentum.

I didn’t notice who covered the pitch out man.....but whoever it was, indirectly won the game for Tennessee......without doing anything, except his job.

The QB had to keep it and Tennessee had 2 in on him and they made a great stop.
Great point! Assignment and discipline football plays win games.

Reactions: Remy and JoAllan
I’ll admit I thought there was no way we stopped them. First the 12 men on the field got them a yard closer. Then Henry T dropped the RB to get that yard back. And finally the 4th down.

I know in the larger CFB landscape this game was irrelevant but that was an exciting finish for any game!

VN Store

Back