That 0-9 Rule

Heupel has already outperformed the last 4 guys no doubt.

As much as I want to believe in this squad, I still think we are a dude or two bwhind catching Bama or GA.

They will be tough, well played, very close games but I think our guys fall just short.

That said, if the board tilts in our favor on the Third Saturday I will be sitting on the deck under the stars with a nice Monte Cristo and a glass of Ole Smoky's smoothest singing to the tops of the clouds!!!

Heupel has already outperformed the last 4 guys no doubt.

As much as I want to believe in this squad, I still think we are a dude or two bwhind catching Bama or GA.

They will be tough, well played, very close games but I think our guys fall just short.

That said, if the board tilts in our favor on the Third Saturday I will be sitting on the deck under the stars with a nice Monte Cristo and a glass of Ole Smoky's smoothest singing to the tops of the clouds!!!
Hmm...

Siri, set a reminder: buy cigars. Just in case.

Go Vols!

It has been said that a new hire that goes 0-9 their first 3 years versus Florida, Georgia and Alabama should be dismissed. Heupel has, early in year 2, shattered this rule with Saturday's defeat of Florida. I think that this team has a realistic chance of beating Georgia or Alabama this year as well.
Both Alabama and Georgia have the talent and depth on defense to force us to punt multiple times.

Haven’t y’all heard of Cinderella ??? I choose to believe my team is the best and anything COULD happen. Let’s ENJOY the ride and HOPE for the best!! IF - big IF here, if we can get a lead and a couple of timely stops and turnovers … YES we can win these games. We can also go 8-4 just the same way.

It has been said that a new hire that goes 0-9 their first 3 years versus Florida, Georgia and Alabama should be dismissed. Heupel has, early in year 2, shattered this rule with Saturday's defeat of Florida. I think that this team has a realistic chance of beating Georgia or Alabama this year as well.

I think our offense will allow us to put up points against anyone. Offense is basically on autopilot.

HOWEVER, our defense will have to do better than 50% 3rd conversion rates vs Bama and Georgia for us to have a chance. Without Turnovers, I don’t think our defense can go toe to toe with Bama and Georgia in forcing offenses off the field

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Realistic chance of beating Ga and Bama this year? 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
Are we better than Texas? Bama and UGA are better but this is the first team in a long time that will go into the games expecting to win and will play like it… we won’t lay down and both games will be winnable in the 4th… will we win? I’m not sure but it’s not laughable to say we can beat either one. Great Qb play gives you a chance in any game…

New "rule" to me. You make that one up yourself? Regardless, while I don't expect us to beat the likes of UGA or bama at this point in our rebuild, we have a puncher's chance. On any given Saturday any team can slip up and get caught by a hungry opponent playing loose and having everything click on that one Saturday. When we were running the rabbit ears offense of Jeremy Pruitt, I'd not have entertained the thought, but running Heupels 4K res offense gives us that puncher's chance if the stars align. Do I expect it? Certainly not, but it wouldn't come as a complete shock either.

Reactions: walkenvol
Georgia has way too many playmakers to compete with. I doubt we will be beat Bama, but I also think they aren’t as strong as they were a couple years ago. I think Sagan’s best years are behind him.

Georgia has way too many playmakers to compete with. I doubt we will be beat Bama, but I also think they aren’t as strong as they were a couple years ago. I think Sagan’s best years are behind him.
1664453104160.png
Carl Sagan Death Dec 20, 1996. Yep best days are definitely in the rear view mirror.

"Shattered" may be a bit of a stretch...

I don't believe this rule exists.

All kidding aside, if you lose to all of the big three for nine tries in a row, you likely are not the one. That means you didn't even coach well enough to get lucky.

Reactions: Kshep58
Heupel has done a great job, and looks like he will be at UT for a long time. This is a good thing. The SEC needs for UT to be good. However, UT is 128th in pass defense, giving up 309 yards/game. It will be tough to beat UGA and the Gumps, unless you can score high 40s.

VN Store

Back