Thank You Vols thread

BACKDOC

A couple of months ago if you would of told me that we would come within a point of makeing the final four I would of said you're crazy. These guys really stepped up and took their game to the next level. Thanks to Scotty, Cam, Weezy, and lil Pearl. But guys like Melvin, Bobby, and Brian, elevated their game to levels that none of us could see. But I would like to especially thank JP Prince; you carried this team the past few games, and for the record I've never bashed you on here. Good luck in the future; whether you're wearing orange, a pro uniform, or what ever it may be. My only regret is that my 9 yr. old daughter fell asleep before the end of the OSU game; thanks for the memories.

Thank you team, for one of the most exciting seasons Ive witnessed as a long long time VOL fan. Not since Ernie and Bernie have I been so into basketball. Wayne Chism, thank you son for your heard work, dedication and representation of this great university the way you did. You were recruited with a class which could coompete with any team in the nation today, but you were the only one who took the right path. THANK YOU WAYNE. The others, hold your heads high, you have nothing to be ashamed of, who would have thought 6 weeks ago, we would be one point away from our first ever final 4. congratulations on a great season. I wish all the Seniors the best and hope to get a shot to furthur your game if that be your wish. For you returning next year, you have big shoes to fill. We look forrward to watching you get better and better every year. GO VOLS. ITs great to be a Tennessee Vol

Thank you team, for one of the most exciting seasons Ive witnessed as a long long time VOL fan. Not since Ernie and Bernie have I been so into basketball. Wayne Chism, thank you son for your heard work, dedication and representation of this great university the way you did. You were recruited with a class which could coompete with any team in the nation today, but you were the only one who took the right path. THANK YOU WAYNE. The others, hold your heads high, you have nothing to be ashamed of, who would have thought 6 weeks ago, we would be one point away from our first ever final 4. congratulations on a great season. I wish all the Seniors the best and hope to get a shot to furthur your game if that be your wish. For you returning next year, you have big shoes to fill. We look forrward to watching you get better and better every year. GO VOLS. ITs great to be a Tennessee Vol

:clap: Amen

Men, and I call you men with a reason. You have displayed the type of qualities that will further your successes. You were faced with adversity and you stood strong and saw your journey through. While people talked about your shortcomings, you were working on your flaws. As fans questioned your dedication, you put in quality prep time. When people doubted your character, you responded like champions. I am honored to cheer you and support you. You have embodied what it means to be a team. Please, as the season ends and you reflect on the wild ride, remember whàt your obstacles were and how you overcame them. Know that you had ample excuses as to why you can't, yet you did. Do not take your accomplishments lightly and do not feel as though you fell short. You were one of only 8 teams to win 3 games. You have earned the right to say you were part of the best team in UT history. We owe you our deepest gratitude for all you gave to UTBB this year (or your careers) Lastly you will all be apart of the UT family for the rest of your lives. You've set the bar for which future "Vallers" to aim, and its a high one. Great season, and THANK YOU.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I couldn't say it any better than you have with this post. When there was a little over a second left today, and the final pass fell into jp's hands I was angry for a split second. I know he is not necessarily the best guy to make a miracle shot to win the game. But a few minutes later that anger turned into joy.

Don't get me wrong I was still mad that we lost, but I was joyful that these young men gave us so much happiness this season. There were certainly a lot of headaches as well. Even though we had just lost, the basketball gods were shining on this team all year long. I did not expect us to pull the miracle and win a nc with so many gaps left after tragic situation after tragic situation. But they proved to the world what it is to be a representative of the University of Tennessee.

Even in this loss, I am oh so proud of every single one of the players and coaches. They should never feel ashamed of this loss, but hold their heads as high as they will go, and know that they let absolutely no one down today. To me they acheived the impossible many times already. Good luck seniors, especially Weezy. I despise the nba so I will unfortunately, not be following your career. But more importantly, I can't wait to see what you accomplish as a man.

Men, and I call you men with a reason. You have displayed the type of qualities that will further your successes. You were faced with adversity and you stood strong and saw your journey through. While people talked about your shortcomings, you were working on your flaws. As fans questioned your dedication, you put in quality prep time. When people doubted your character, you responded like champions. I am honored to cheer you and support you. You have embodied what it means to be a team. Please, as the season ends and you reflect on the wild ride, remember whàt your obstacles were and how you overcame them. Know that you had ample excuses as to why you can't, yet you did. Do not take your accomplishments lightly and do not feel as though you fell short. You were one of only 8 teams to win 3 games. You have earned the right to say you were part of the best team in UT history. We owe you our deepest gratitude for all you gave to UTBB this year (or your careers) Lastly you will all be apart of the UT family for the rest of your lives. You've set the bar for which future "Vallers" to aim, and its a high one. Great season, and THANK YOU.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

+1 :clapping:

These players had nothing short of an inspired year here at UT. They gave everything they had every time they went out onto the court and we couldn't ask anything more from them.

They have set the bar for what we will expect from our players who suit up and that is a extremely high bar.

I loved watching them all season. I only got to see them once in person this year, and it was not the ideal game.(USC) But this team, and those seniors have been great to watch for all these years. I will miss all of them. That was some of the most fun I have ever had watching college basketball, watching them make it to the ELITE 8. The VOL DIARIES videos were what the internet was invented for. Pure joy. I love that team. Thank you for the memories...
I will think about this team and this season 30 years from now, and just smile. A BIG SMILE.

VMF...

Well said and I agree...thanks for posting.

GO VOLS !!

this is a great thread.... glad to see our fans see this season for what it was. Hope next season is just as great!

VN Store

Back