Thank you, UT Men's BBall!!!!!!!!

madbamahater

Thank you all for the best regular season ever by a UT Men's bball team! Many exciting wins this season and maintaining the #1 spot in the land for weeks! Thank you for stomping UK last week and great effort today! Auburn is a very tough team for sure...

Hope you all take time to enjoy what you all have accomplished thus far this season!

After that, get back to business! It's tourney time in Tennessee!

GO BIG ORANGE!!!

Thank you all for the best regular season ever by a UT Men's bball team! Many exciting wins this season and maintaining the #1 spot in the land for weeks! Thank you for stomping UK last week and great effort today! Auburn is a very tough team for sure...

Hope you all take time to enjoy what you all have accomplished thus far this season!

After that, get back to business! It's tourney time in Tennessee!

GO BIG ORANGE!!!
Absolutely great year!

To me, this team is more fun to watch than any other basketball team I’ve ever seen. Every player on the team has such personality and charisma. And I can’t even count the number of times I’ve jumped off the couch because of something they’ve done. Like Bone’s baseball-bounce-pass to Kyle (for a dunk) this week. Fantastic stuff guys. We are lucky to have them.

27-4. Outstanding. I'll take that every year and roll the dice on SEC championships and NCAAT seeds with that record. Today's loss was penciled in as a loss by everyone since day one of the season. Nothing to be worried about.

I Love this team. However, lost an SEC Championship today by not playing with the same defensive intensity They played with last Saturday vs. KY, which in hard to understand. Will they go down as the " greatest" UT team ever. This will be determined over the next few weeks

Awesome season plenty more to come. Need to start going through Grant more and he needs to get mentally focused and quit jawing with the Refs. Take it hard to the goal or pass out for a three. to many shot being taken without a Williams touch need to correct that.

Reactions: Steven5198
Gotta be "that guy" here but the 2007-08 team could easily go down with a better record as this team currently sits at 27-4. The 2007-08 team only lost 3 games in the regular season. They also went 14-2 in the SEC and won the league outright. Final record was 31-5 COUNTING losses in SEC and NCAA tourney.

Even though Chris Lofton will always go down as my favorite Volunteer athlete(basketball OR football), this year's team is more likeable and a little more sound for a deep tournament run. That being said though. If this team doesn't make it past the Sweet Sixteen(Which Barnes hasn't even been to in over ten seasons.) then the 2007-08 team has EVERY right to claim being just as good. There's alot of short term memory when shoving aside the 2008 team as their schedule was more difficult too. Those are just the facts.

In my opinion, this team HAS to perform better in March to be the best team ever.

Who the hell cares if the 07-08 team was better? And explain why their schedule was harder.

I wish we still played 16 SEC games that is plenty. Most road games Refs want give you the same calls the home team gets. The road team usually has to beat 8 players.

Who the hell cares if the 07-08 team was better? And explain why their schedule was harder.

Then I guess you DO care. Lol.
Since you ask though. Considering the team had road wins AT #1 Memphis, AT Xavier, and AT Gonzaga(Seattle) I'd say that right there gives them an edge. That's not even considering the SEC season from that year. Had a big win AT Alabama which Tennessee almost NEVER does.

That's not even considering this year's team has a strength of schedule over 50. NOT good and keep the team out as a #1 seed. Simple as that.

Then I guess you DO care. Lol.
Since you ask though. Considering the team had road wins AT #1 Memphis, AT Xavier, and AT Gonzaga(Seattle) I'd say that right there gives them an edge.

That's not even considering this year's team has a strength of schedule over 50. NOT good and keep the team out as #1. Simple as that.

Oh so basically you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about.

Gotta be "that guy" here but the 2007-08 team could easily go down with a better record as this team currently sits at 27-4. The 2007-08 team only lost 3 games in the regular season. They also went 14-2 in the SEC and won the league outright. Final record was 31-5 COUNTING losses in SEC and NCAA tourney.

Even though Chris Lofton will always go down as my favorite Volunteer athlete(basketball OR football), this year's team is more likeable and a little more sound for a deep tournament run. That being said though. If this team doesn't make it past the Sweet Sixteen(Which Barnes hasn't even been to in over ten seasons.) then the 2007-08 team has EVERY right to claim being just as good. There's alot of short term memory when shoving aside the 2008 team as their schedule was more difficult too. Those are just the facts.

In my opinion, this team HAS to perform better in March to be the best team ever.
I think you make a reasonable argument.

But really you didn't have to be that guy. You just wanted to.

I love this team. I am emotionally invested in these young men and their coaches. And I could not be more proud to be a Tennessee fan right now.

Go Vols!!!

Been a super season and such a fun team to watch...Yes some tough losses but how can we complain?...This is one of the best teams UT mens basketball has ever had and We have so much more to accomplish...Regular season is over, now time to put the foot to the pedal and go get that SEC tournament title and then go on to get something that has alluded us for so many years...The final four and the national title...I truly believe in this team...Now go make some history!!….GO VOLS!!

Auburn had 24 pts at the 5:00 mark left in the first half. They scored 60 over the next 25 minutes. Many as a result of turnovers. That is not good basketball.

Hate that the regular season ended this way with easily the worst loss of the year to a very average team. This has been a fantastic, likable team though, my favorite ever. I won't ever forget these guys. I hope they win the SEC tournament and have a deep run into the NCAA tournament. Look for Little Aubie to have a quick flameout in both tournaments.

Reactions: OneVolNation
Can't criticize, no one wants to win more than Peanut Butter and Jelly. Undefeated at home! SEC road games are tough to win. I continue to watch and enjoy awaiting the next big game. All neutral courts now so time to start lighting people up.

Reactions: StarRaider

VN Store

Back