Thank You Tim Priest!

Had to be difficult for TP the last 15 years. You could hear the frustration in his voice.

I appreciated him calling players out for making a bad play when a lot wouldn't dare.

He was more entertaining than the game sometimes

Last edited:
Ryan is pretty good, but he's 65. Kinda surprised they didn't go with someone younger

Buckeye Bob is nearing retirement, too. My thinking is the Vol Network wanted someone Kesling is comfortable with while that string plays out. That said, Bob's job is probably John Wilkerson's to turn down. He's already on the VolNetwork and is known for having John Ward's work ethic.

Will miss Tim , the "get you some of that Jalen Tabor" is an all time epic call in Big Orange history !
I'm not a total Kesling hater but he is mehhh @ best if I'm being charitable . I think he tries , loves the Vols & is an ok basketball PBP man but just being a so-so FB PBP man & following John Ward is a tall order. I do like Pat Ryan & think he will do well. Truth be told he would probably be an immediate upgrade if he was the PBP man instead of Bob. Seems like after 22 years Bob would be ready to hang it up himself & spend more time following his sister on the Opera circuit. Total pipe dream but Charles Davis with Pat Ryan would be an excellent team, not that CD would take that kind of paycut from both a financial & visibility standpoint .

So who will be paired with Buckeye Bob..
Knox County Mayor Glenn Jacobs ("Kane")?

Well, since they named Pat Ryan, the point is mute. But if it were up to me? Gilbert Gottfried. Would be a good match with Bob, and a third as irritating. Thanks, Tim, sorry I was unable to hear much of your work.

Will miss Tim , the "get you some of that Jalen Tabor" is an all time epic call in Big Orange history !
I'm not a total Kesling hater but he is mehhh @ best if I'm being charitable . I think he tries , loves the Vols & is an ok basketball PBP man but just being a so-so FB PBP man & following John Ward is a tall order. I do like Pat Ryan & think he will do well. Truth be told he would probably be an immediate upgrade if he was the PBP man instead of Bob. Seems like after 22 years Bob would be ready to hang it up himself & spend more time following his sister on the Opera circuit. Total pipe dream but Charles Davis with Pat Ryan would be an excellent team, not that CD would take that kind of paycut from both a financial & visibility standpoint .

And why not? If he is "mehhh @ best", not totally hating him means you are settling for less. Just the way the Vol Network and the University wants you to. Honestly, we need to break the mold that was set in stone late in 1998. If there ever was a Tennessee curse, that was the genesis of it.

My only beef with Tim is He tried to sound too proper; like he was from Illinois or somewhere. LINE Backer as opposed to LYIN Backer as we would say it in the South. And I Know Tim's a Country Boy. Bill Anderson was the Real Deal Tennessee Southern Sound. He and JOHN WARD were the Perfect Fit. That said: "Thanks for the memories"

VN Store

Back