Thank You, Nick Saban.

Aside from being at Alabama and possibly worshipping the devil, I can't really find a knock against Saban.

Outside of his coaching tenure at LSU and UAT he has been an average coach at best?

Talent rules to roost - not the coach.

Outside of his coaching tenure at LSU and UAT he has been an average coach at best?

The only unsuccessful tenure he's had was with the Dolphins, and that was two years.

Last edited:

You are correct. If you take away the really, really good teams he has had, his other teams haven't been really, really good.

Mike Dubose, Dennis Francione, and Mike Shula would like to speak to you about the ease of winning at their former unviersity. So would Mike Archer, Curly Hallman, and Gerry Dinardo. Les Miles will call you in a couple of years.

They squeaked by some average teams coupled with a schedule loaded with the likes of the 'Nooga, FIU, and North Texas.

Are they good. Yes. They whipped a UF team that has been offensively poor all season and took a defensive shot earlier in the week. Not completely dissimilar to the defensive effort UT put forth after losing our starting strong safety.

Eric Berry played every game this season. You must be confused.

So Saban gets no credit for beating the dog crap out of a Florida team that was missing a defensive end. I seem to remember some praise for the 2007 season. We lost to an LSU team that must have been missing 6-7 starters.

Saban's team beat all challengers and when it was time for the most important game, they not only rose to the occasion, but absolutely dominated probably the second best team in the nation.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I could rank them top to bottom. Breaking it into levels I would put Saban in the top level of college coaches based solely on his short tenures at LSU and UAT. He's proven that when given good players he can win games.

You act like he's not doing any recruiting.

I too am happy to see real football being played in the SEC. These gimmick offenses were eventually going to meet the great defensive minds that can stop them and the time appears to be arriving. I am so thankful that Tennessee did not hire a Mike Leach/Brian Kelly when they had the chance.

I too am happy to see real football being played in the SEC. These gimmick offenses were eventually going to meet the great defensive minds that can stop them and the time appears to be arriving. I am so thankful that Tennessee did not hire a Mike Leach/Brian Kelly when they had the chance.
:good!:

I don't think Kelly would have been too bad, but I wouldn't take him over Kiffin.

A lot of things can happen on the way to a dynasty. Saban is a good coach but also a great recruiter. He is approaching 60 years old. Also Alabama is still on thin ice with the NCAA. One slipup in the next three years and they will be severely busted. He may win one or possibly two NC's but he will not dominant the conference the way Pete Carroll has the Pac10 prior to this year.

A lot of things can happen on the way to a dynasty. Saban is a good coach but also a great recruiter. He is approaching 60 years old. Also Alabama is still on thin ice with the NCAA. One slipup in the next three years and they will be severely busted. He may win one or possibly two NC's but he will not dominant the conference the way Pete Carroll has the Pac10 prior to this year.
Of course not. He has much more competition.

VN Store

Back