Thank You Mr. Adams

I know! Could anyone seriously believe that there is a super-duper coach alive who’d abandon her/his team right before the NCAA Tournament to go coach a new team??? :D That’s hilarious!
I can be there tomorrow

So the question remains: Does she get fired before or after the SEC Tournament?

If before, we have a chance to finish 1st or second and sneak into NCAA Tournament. Otherwise, pray for NIT invitation.

There's nobody that can do that, nobody. I hope that whoever is after Warlick, that kind of quick expectation and hope from fans doesn't become too widespread. When Holly took over, too many thought things would stay the same with Final Four appearances and championships; the next coach doesn't need that hanging around their necks as soon as they come in. Holly was allowed too much time to bring things to where they are today, the next coach will need time to, hopefully, build it back up and implement their own system, recruit the right players.

I’m not so sure about that “great talent.” UT might have a half-dozen or so high school All-Americans. It might have roster full of good athletes. But I question the players' basketball skills.

The above is from the Adams article. I agree with his assessment.
Well Holly recruited them

I’m not so sure about that “great talent.” UT might have a half-dozen or so high school All-Americans. It might have roster full of good athletes. But I question the players' basketball skills.

I don't...I question the not being able to be mentally ok with using those skills

Second guessing in basketball is a sin

Did you ever work for a boss that was grandfathered into a position that they should have never had...Your the best mechanic on the property, but the boss uses you as a plumber....Kind of hard to give you my all,, if I know that giving my all will extend my time under you and will put the grandchild stronger in the position that they inherited.

Holly probably needs to be replaced, but the poor play by the players, like dribbling the ball off your own foot out of bounds, etc., is not the the coach's fault. (The heck, it isn't....If the coach has an atmosphere created that they will accept such play,,,you cannot blame the players fr cutting loose)

The players are as much to blame as Holly.

Kids will be kids,,,,parents have to be parents

No John, I don't blame the kids. I have seen them come out and beat up on division leaders only to fall to them after the other team uses strategy...I do not blame these kids.

I am a coach, John, you are not.
You can't get into my head unless you have
walked that mile

This team has two chances to make it

find it within themselves
or
one of the bench staff has to man-up

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Worrying about how the players wear their shorts seems like a waste of energy to me.

I mean, considering that for several years now the fashionable off-court style for young women is to wear incredibly skimpy shorts and skirts, I’m guessing that the ladies are just so accustomed to wearing nothing on their legs, that putting on the long shorts feels ridiculous — and perhaps irritating and restrictive — to them.

I seriously doubt that even one single player has ever thought for one second that they were “being disrespectful of the uniform,” but are merely just adapting the old-fashioned (to them) uniforms to feel familiar and comfortable for them.

I honestly don’t care if they need to make individual uniform adjustments to feel comfortable. I just want them to win, dangit! :p

Not a subject of substance I agree. Seems more like and issue that was decided in the constitution.

I still say she can retire and leave with dignity. Call a presser, put on a nice dress with all the trimmings including lady shoes. Get lots of pics and we’ll wishes then enjoy her nice check and some time without badketball

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
No, he is jumping on many people's bandwagon
He's the newest driver

Then you haven't paid attention. To my knowledge he is the only local columnist who has consistently called out Holly and the university's commitment to women's basketball since the program started showing a clear level of decline.

Of course, some of us were on that bandwagon even before then...
tenor.gif

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Then you haven't paid attention. To my knowledge he is the only local columnist who has consistently called out Holly and the university's commitment to women's basketball since the program started showing a clear level of decline.

Of course, some of us were on that bandwagon even before then...
tenor.gif
Dan Flesser was covering the LV's,,,then we were given to staff reporters (when we were covered)
John Finally muscled up and said what needed to be said (2 years ago)

I do appreciate John's fortitude
But yes, the replace CHW bandwagon has had many drivers

I'm not a fan of Adams...never have been.....but it's articles like this in high profile newspapers that get noticed....not random tweets by bloggers. This article will be noticed. Phil will know about this. Holly will as well. Adams is a doofus a lot of the time...but this piece is spot on.

Maybe so, but he can type this up over and over until his slimy fingers fall off. They will not fire Holly. You can make all the reasonable points for firing her you wish and I will agree with most of them. But they will not fire her. Watch.

Somebody should write as to how the culture is beginning to hurt women's basketball. To many coaches coddling players and not providing strong guidance and leadership. Holly is one of the worst offenders and yet she keeps her job.

VN Store

Back