Thank You Mr. Adams

So the question remains: Does she get fired before or after the SEC Tournament?

If before, we have a chance to finish 1st or second and sneak into NCAA Tournament. Otherwise, pray for NIT invitation.

How much fricking STRATEGY do you need to beat one of the worst women's basketball teams in the history of the conference?
Apparently more than Holly is able to provide. Actually you have a point, maybe if Holly would just leave them alone they'd actually improve or something.

Look, I don't know who should get what share of the blame. Does it even matter anymore? Something is obviously terribly wrong and there has to be a change. We can't fire the players so the coaches got to go.

I generally think the players give decent effort but I also wonder how they can play so wretchedly so much of the time. I don't think anyone thought it would get this bad.

I say throw the bank at Dawn Staley and hope like he!l she comes to the rescue and turns this program back around within a year or two. If someone like her were to come in, I don't believe there would be a rebuild period. I also believe she would strongly consider taking the job. UT is a much more coveted job than USC and to my knowledge, she has no ties to their program, other than current players. Jmo

Reactions: cutiepie5
I will vent now...Why does a player or players wad their uniform pants up? Would Pat Summit have allowed it? I'm sorry, but to me it is disrespect to the uniform, it is disrespect to the team, and disrespect to my university.
Just shows an overall lack of discipline . Same for the wild hair dos too. The word “uniform” means “the same “ surely they can sacrifice that for a 2 hour game to honor the university giving them free everything . And it’s actually ok to tell your players “no”. Just like your own kids . Sometimes it has to be said !!

Phil Fulmer doesn't want to deal with it and doesn't want to spend money on women's sports. Every day he lets this go on, he adds to the difficulty of the climb out of this mess. Bad choices by AD's have cost UT a ton of money. It feels like the Lady Vol brand deserves better.
Pretty sure female students provide 51% of the tuition at this institution . Also LV program has brought in plenty of cash over the years and never have they had to pay “go away money “!!!! Not once in 40 plus years !!! Now football ??????
Come on Phil!! You should not even flinch!! Time to write out some checks !

Probably? Here's your sign. It's not the players fault! 100% on Holley and her lack of talent development. The players have no confidence. 100% on Holley. Stop apologizing for someone that can't coach or develop players. Pat would be so disappointed and would have terminated Holley long ago.
This

Reactions: Sr.VolFan
That's part of the discipline/respect that Holly does not have from the players.........It has ate away at this team like a cancer.

In time their shorts are going to get shorter and shorter.....As a man that's fine, but as a fan, it stinks.
Y'all apparently don't remember the shorts women, and men, basketballers were wearing a few years back.

Reactions: Chipperbones
If she's that good I'll expect Miami to win the national championship this year. Geno, nor Pat, could turn this mess into any sort of championship on such short notice. The problems are too systemic and deeply rooted.
I would be happy with SEC Champions every season to start with

The PLAYERS are as much to blame as Holly, and the player's names on this season's team, along with their individual stats, are etched in Lady Vol history alongside Holly Warlick.
There is a ton of evidence that players have not been coache well in the last 4-5 years. Thers has been enough talent for the Lady Vols to be competing for SEC and NCAA championships. The offense scheme is terrible and thers is simply no evidence of any defensive scheme. They don't knoe how to cut off the baseline, stop the ball handler on drives, or guard the three from anywhere on the perimeter. They have not been taought how to box out on offensive or defensive rebounds. Their turn over numbers are the worst in history. They take off balance shots and assists are lacking. They miss as many layups as they do threes. How can anyone claim they have been well coached?

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Y'all apparently don't remember the shorts women, and men, basketballers were wearing a few years back.
No kidding. I played in high school in the 70s and dang those pics in the yearbook are cringeworthy short and tight. Everyone wore them though. Also, ya'll been to a volleyball game lately?

I think the shorts level will find a happy medium between those wretched baggy saggy knee pants they were wearing a few years ago and the new rolled up fad. I also think this is way, way down on our problem list right now.

Coaching change not going to happen before our season ends in the sec tourney next week. But I'm more convinced every day Holly will finally, mercifully step down immediately after.

No kidding. I played in high school in the 70s and dang those pics in the yearbook are cringeworthy short and tight. Everyone wore them though. Also, ya'll been to a volleyball game lately?

I think the shorts level will find a happy medium between those wretched baggy saggy knee pants they were wearing a few years ago and the new rolled up fad. I also think this is way, way down on our problem list right now.

Coaching change not going to happen before our season ends in the sec tourney next week. But I'm more convinced every day Holly will finally, mercifully step down immediately after.
Shorts no problem at all nor hair style. If they were winning at a high level those things would not be mentioned. I remember watching Wilt the Stilt and Bill Russell play. Their legs looked 10 feet long in those shorts they wire.

Who do you have in mind as a coach who can turn this team into an SEC Tournament champion so quickly?

I know! Could anyone seriously believe that there is a super-duper coach alive who’d abandon her/his team right before the NCAA Tournament to go coach a new team??? :D That’s hilarious!

It those disrespectful shorts byegawd! [Angrily shakes fist at sky]. Kids TOOODAHY [insert 17 paragraph rant on all this new fangled selflie taking and instabooking and snapgraming, why back in my day......)

And another thing, this country has gone to hell in a handbasket since women starting playing that full court basketball!

Its in the bible, women either play that defense or they play that offense (but real delicate like) but not both. Its an abomination!

And they're uh fixin their hair up like ladies are supposed to doooo....wait, I am confused, I don't want them LVs to have fancy hairstyles but I want them to be ladylike. Oh my head hurts, my temples, they be a throbbing, I can't make sense of it all.

T8CmbDY.gif

Worrying about how the players wear their shorts seems like a waste of energy to me.

I mean, considering that for several years now the fashionable off-court style for young women is to wear incredibly skimpy shorts and skirts, I’m guessing that the ladies are just so accustomed to wearing nothing on their legs, that putting on the long shorts feels ridiculous — and perhaps irritating and restrictive — to them.

I seriously doubt that even one single player has ever thought for one second that they were “being disrespectful of the uniform,” but are merely just adapting the old-fashioned (to them) uniforms to feel familiar and comfortable for them.

I honestly don’t care if they need to make individual uniform adjustments to feel comfortable. I just want them to win, dangit! :p

This is what many high school and college-aged girls wear today, and this has been the style for years now. It’s little wonder that some women feel kinda silly in the longer-legged uniforms. 24C5AD79-C798-45D7-BADF-0F630593B647.jpeg

Reactions: greenbacknative
This is what many high school and college-aged girls wear today, and this has been the style for years now. It’s little wonder that some women feel kinda silly in the longer-legged uniforms. View attachment 196203
This is what many high school and college-aged girls wear today, and this has been the style for years now. It’s little wonder that some women feel kinda silly in the longer-legged uniforms. View attachment 196203
I like those...they have pockets for their mouthpieces..

VN Store

Back