Thank You Mickey Dearstone

Sad news.

In a media & event world that increasingly believes more-is-more... Mickey Dearstone has been a consistent reminder that "the thing is the thing"--that it's the game people tune in to hear. He always seats me close to the action, and next to a fan who is knowledgeable, witty, honest, caring, yet not without (informed) opinion.

If there's one thing I wish the entire sports world would learn from Mickey, it's that many things can be expressed better with silence than with words.

Mickey, you always brought me courtside, and you never got between me and the game. May your years hereafter be meaningful and satisfying, and your time investments be of eternal value.

Sad news.

In a media & event world that increasingly believes more-is-more... Mickey Dearstone has been a consistent reminder that "the thing is the thing"--that it's the game people tune in to hear. He always seats me close to the action, and next to a fan who is knowledgeable, witty, honest, caring, yet not without (informed) opinion.

If there's one thing I wish the entire sports world would learn from Mickey, it's that many things can be expressed better with silence than with words.

Mickey, you always brought me courtside, and you never got between me and the game. May your years hereafter be meaningful and satisfying, and your time investments be of eternal value.
Dang, well said! I was gonna post the same and say “you did good Dearstone!” But you put it much more eloquently!
😎
GBO!!

He did good job .. he is a little bit into himself but does a good job on women's call ..

He's better than Bumbling Bob by a country mile. I enjoy his game commentary. I did not like his sports animal segment back when he was on the air. It was awful.

Wonder if Kessling might take a clue and step down himself,

Dearstone has done an admirable job at the mike for Lady Vol basketball, he does have an interesting wit about him that gets communicated over the air on his broadcast.

Noooo! He wouldn't do that anyway - doesn't he hold the title of 'Director of Broadcsating' in the UTAD?

Brian Rice should be the next person up for Lady Vol Basketball.

I would like to see Kesling switch over to the Lady Volunteers to replace Dearstone and Wilkerson call the Volunteers's games with Bertlecamp.

Congratulations to Dearstone and good luck in the future.

Last edited:
Oh, Mickey, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind...

Hey, Mickey!

M-I-C...K-E-Y...L-A-D-Y-V
Mickey D (Lady Vols!)
Micket D (Lady Vols!)
Forever we will lift our banner high
(High! High! High!)

Reactions: Eric Viesturs

VN Store

Back