Thank you, Lady Vols, for such an exciting, fun season!

Really turned out about as I expected even with the injuries. I had us going for 25 wins and top four finish in the SEC and we made both those goals. A sweet sixteen also met that goal. Will be looking for bigger and better things next season. I'm already thinking we should at least be the second best team in the SEC and a possibility of winning it. I think we have the talent on board to reach the final four. I think we need another center otherwise were good to go.
Hope you are right, BUT, you are expecting a whole lot.

Hope you are right, BUT, you are expecting a whole lot.
Well the point guard we have coming in is elite and experienced. Jackson is a potential AA, Justine Pissott best three point shooter in the 2022 class IMO. Those along with everyone returns except Burrell and Dye gives me cause for being optimistic and not totally sure we won't add another post player before next season.

Well the point guard we have coming in is elite and experienced. Jackson is a potential AA, Justine Pissott best three point shooter in the 2022 class IMO. Those along with everyone returns except Burrell and Dye gives me cause for being optimistic and not totally sure we won't add another post player before next season.

Speaking of post play, what has happened to Key the last few games? I know she has scored part of the time and rebounded fairly well. But something has just been missing (enthusiasm?). She has just seemed to be unfocused to me.

Reactions: LV renaissance
Speaking of post play, what has happened to Key the last few games? I know she has scored part of the time and rebounded fairly well. But something has just been missing (enthusiasm?). She has just seemed to be unfocused to me.
Seems obvious her game degraded about the same time Horston got injured. Horston set her up for so many scores and she also drew so much attention from opponents that Key had a lot more freedom inside. I think if you look at the games Key played with Jordan and games she played without her you will see a huge difference in production JMO.

Lady Vols, hold your head high! I do believe Kellie is becoming the reincarnation of Coach Pat and the sky is the limit for the future.

If I would critique anything it would be to watch your passes and turnovers. These good teams have fast aggressive players just waiting for an easy steal and bucket. Put more full court pressure after scoring, make them to make bad decisions and passes. Louisville used it effectively and padded their score with the above mentioned steals and easy baskets.

You are the Lady Vols! The most successful women's team in history! Add your own legacy!

Seems obvious her game degraded about the same time Horston got injured. Horston set her up for so many scores and she also drew so much attention from opponents that Key had a lot more freedom inside. I think if you look at the games Key played with Jordan and games she played without her you will see a huge difference in production JMO.
You are spot on. Key fed off Horston’s energy

Updated Lady Vol Tournament W-L Records
NCAA TOURNAMENT

FINAL FOUR: Won 21, Lost 10 (1st - 8, 2nd - 5, 3rd - 4)
REGIONALS: Won 46, Lost 17
SUB-REGIONALS: Won 49, Lost 5
OPENING ROUND: Won 12, Lost 0
TOTAL: Won 128 games, Lost 32 games (.800 NCAA percentage)

AIAW TOURNAMENT
FINAL FOUR: Won 4, Lost 4 (2nd - 2, 3rd - 2)
REGIONALS: Won 8, Lost 2
TOTALS: Won 12, Lost 6 (.667 AIAW percentage)

COMBINED AIAW & NCAA TOTALS
Won 140, Lost 38 (.7865 Overall percentage)

Reactions: lvocd

VN Store

Back