Thank you JG

The silly thing is, even when the JG-detractors make post after post thanking him for his good play and giving him due credit for the win, the JG-sniffers seem to get even MORE petulant and demand MORE groveling. Weird.

I'm glad UT won and JG didn't blow this game but the fact is our game plan was altered to be ultra conservative because of JG's ineptness. Once again all he could throw were short dump offs that Jordan and Byrd turned into game winning plays. He wasn't trusted enough by the staff to throw over the middle or deep sideline throws. I certainly hope that Maurer is OK and is able to play next week or the next. He's our only hope of becoming bowl eligible as remote a possibility as that is.
What ever man I think it was protecting the lead and I believe it would have been the same with either QB especially because of the 2 red zone int's and the way the D played.

Reactions: NCFisher
I think JG gets a bit of a bad rap for his efforts as far as they affect playcalling. His issues have never been turnovers or poor passes. He has few turnovers and his completion% has been good. It hasn't been ability. It's been taking to long to let the ball go and being scared to take a shot. BYU is the best example. He had receivers open all day. If he doesn't hesitate, we win going away. We don't need to limit the play nook. He just needs to get some timing and confidence.

Going with Mauer was the right call. He has the brighter future. But I just don't think we HAVE TO run the ball EVERY play with JG under center.

What ever man I think it was protecting the lead and I believe it would have been the same with either QB especially because of the 2 red zone int's and the way the D played.

Anyone think the 2nd INT may have been due in part to the head injury?

I'm glad UT won and JG didn't blow this game but the fact is our game plan was altered to be ultra conservative because of JG's ineptness. Once again all he could throw were short dump offs that Jordan and Byrd turned into game winning plays. He wasn't trusted enough by the staff to throw over the middle or deep sideline throws. I certainly hope that Maurer is OK and is able to play next week or the next. He's our only hope of becoming bowl eligible as remote a possibility as that is.
I bet you forgot like I did the deep ball to Keaton?

Last edited:
Anyone think the 2nd INT may have been due in part to the head injury?
thought I saw him holding his arm close to his side after the throw. The kid is a freshman and can make plays passing and with his legs as we saw today. We are just going to have to live through his growing pains. Maurer is a true dual threat.

Reactions: VOLNPA
JG had some nice passes in the 4th. Big play to Jennings and another mid range dropped. He did his thing

I bet your forgot like I did the deep ball to Keaton?

Nope ... I remembered it and was happy that he completed it but I believe it was his only throw downfield the entire second half and while it was completed it appeared to me the defender was not aware of where he ball was otherwise it would have been knocked down or possibly intercepted.

Nope ... I remembered it and was happy that he completed it but I believe it was his only throw downfield the entire second half and while it was completed it appeared to me the defender was not aware of where he ball was otherwise it would have been knocked down or possibly intercepted.
Nope. He had a big 1 to Jennings. Jennings also dropped a one that was pretty deep. The pass for a first down prior to the TD was also pretty clutch. He played well.

I'm actually watching it now.

Kudos to JG for coming in and getting it done. Big ups to our defense as well. They shut Hill down.
Maurer will stay in the concussion protocol next week. Protect him from a second concussion. You are more susceptible to a concussion after receiving a concussion. Keep him in the protocol to make sure he is completely recovered for the rest of the season.

He did play well today. The Vols also ran the ball 44 times for 190 yards. A successful ground game is much needed in today's SEC. And happy to see we controlled time of possession on offense. On defense we had 7 sacks, 10 tackles for loss, and 3 INTs. Great overall team effort.

JG is getting a free college scholarship as an awful quarterback, why are we thanking him??

a quick comparison show both QBs went 6 of 7, 2 of Mauers went to MSU. JG played very well. Funny how you bar b q JG for throwing an int but fail to mention BM threw two in the endzone.

a quick comparison show both QBs went 6 of 7, 2 of Mauers went to MSU. JG played very well. Funny how you bar b q JG for throwing an int but fail to mention BM threw two in the endzone.[/QUOTE

Probably the reason it's easier to overlook interceptions from Maurer is due to him being able to get touchdowns and move the ball....not to mention the O seems energized with him in the game. Not saying it's right or wrong, but that's why. The fact he's a Freshman gives him some lead way as well.

Last edited:
I wish Jarrett the best going forward in life - hopefully he takes his free education and leadership role and turns into a smart engineer, physician, business leader...

We have all seen enough inability to understand an offense, read defenses and make quick decisions to be a QB

View attachment 231037No, it’s JG who should probably grow up. Still the same guy that played in 2017. Disinterested and picking at this nails while the QB coach talks to him.
How do you know he is not listening? How do you know he’s actually getting info and that point? And the fact he led the team down the field and didn’t throw a pic but a TD pass tells me more about how much he was listening than a random screen shot. Get over it, the kid played well in the pinch. He’s not the best but he is our Qb for now

How do you know hear not listening? How do you know he’s actually getting info and that point? And the fact he les the team down the field and didn’t throw a pic but a TD pass tells me more about how much he was listening than a random screen shot. Get over it, the kid played well in the pinch. He’s not the best but he is our Qb for now

A QB acting like a kid on the sideline shows he has no leadership. Thankfully we had receivers who could break tackles cause he can’t sling it downfield this year without interceptions and throws that we’re way off (like the one at FL to DWA), but keep acting like he’s the main reason we won.

VN Store

Back