Thank God for LSU...what a mess

Lots of stuff still coming out about all of this. I can’t believe that with all this plus the Basketball coach on tape, something isn’t done. But as we know the ncaa is the worst organization in all the land.

Ya got a link?
Go to theadvocate.com and much of the latest will pop up.

But this local paper does not make it easy to follow the story. They have been slow-walking it, as they are hugged up tightly to LSU, unlike the Knoxville paper and UT sports. It was USATODAY that pried loose this story.

LSwho . . . who woudda thunked that they would sweep crap under the rug?!?!?!?! The Mad-Hatter got canned at Kansas, of all places, and the old President got canned at Oregon State . . . but the basketball coach keeps his job while recorded on tape with a "offer" and marble mouth will keep his job!!

LSwho has got some payroll within the SEC and NCAA . . . huge payroll!!! LOL

GBO

LSU has taken the complete opposite approach involving NCAA violations (they have many more over multiple sports) than Tennessee has. Now LSU will fight to the end while Tennessee will spread their legs like a Dickerson Road whore. It will be interesting to see how the NCAA reacts.

LSU has taken the complete opposite approach involving NCAA violations (they have many more over multiple sports) than Tennessee has. Now LSU will fight to the end while Tennessee will spread their legs like a Dickerson Road whore. It will be interesting to see how the NCAA reacts.

Hey Hey...a good ole Nashville man!

LSwho . . . who woudda thunked that they would sweep crap under the rug?!?!?!?! The Mad-Hatter got canned at Kansas, of all places, and the old President got canned at Oregon State . . . but the basketball coach keeps his job while recorded on tape with a "offer" and marble mouth will keep his job!!

LSwho has got some payroll within the SEC and NCAA . . . huge payroll!!! LOL

GBO
Win at any cost. The Moto at that fine institution.

Reactions: BigDave
Heard this on the Bill King Show this morning................

When the Cam Newton, Jameis Winston, and Ohio State "stuff" happened...........it was front page news and all anyone could talk about. The LSU crap seems to be kinda swept under the rug for some reason. What do ya'll think?
Just curious.............

When the Cam Newton, Jameis Winston, and Ohio State "stuff" happened...........it was front page news and all anyone could talk about. The LSU crap seems to be kinda swept under the rug for some reason. What do ya'll think?
Timing is a big determinant of if a story is going to "stick" or not. Cam was never accused of doing anything illegal, it was just NCAA stuff, but it happened right in the middle of a Heisman campaign and national title-winning season for Auburn, and he was even ruled ineligible for like 2 days the week of a game. The Jameis rape investigation went public during the season, and, like Cam, it was a season in which he won the Heisman and FSU won a title. The Zach Smith story broke the day before Big Ten Media Days, and led to Urban missing games of a football season that started a couple months after that.

In contrast this LSU stuff happened years ago, involving mostly people who are no longer with the program, and it isn't shocking enough (like the Sandusky story). If it ends up getting to Coach O (it looks like it might, but it isn't there yet), then I would expect it to be a huge story.

Last edited:
Timing is a big determinant of if a story is going to "stick" or not. Cam was never accused of doing anything illegal, it was just NCAA stuff, but it happened right in the middle of a Heisman campaign and national title-winning season for Auburn, and he was even ruled ineligible for like 2 days the week of a game. The Jameis rape investigation went public during the season, and, like Cam, it was a season in which he won the Heisman and FSU won a title. The Zach Smith story broke the day before Big Ten Media Days, and led to Urban missing games of a football season that started a couple months after that.

In contrast this LSU stuff happened years ago, involving mostly people who are no longer with the program, and it isn't shocking enough (like the Sandusky story). If it ends up getting to Coach O (it looks like it might, but it isn't there yet), then I would expect it to be a huge story.

And, like it or not, but,evidently, the public is growing calluses from all of the sexual harassment/assault allegations flying. Nothing much happens to Governors, players, etc today either.

Reactions: 05_never_again

Agreed. After the AJ Johnson allegations, and the Title IX lawsuits that followed, Tennessee received a ton of bad publicity from every corner of the internet. A former player named Drae Bowles also added fuel to the fire with an inflammatory account. It hurt recruiting. By comparison, LSU's entire athletic department looks suspiciously impervious to scandal right now. Their problems are only getting token coverage in the press.

Agreed. After the AJ Johnson allegations, and the Title IX lawsuits that followed, Tennessee received a ton of bad publicity from every corner of the internet. A former player named Drae Bowles also added fuel to the fire with an inflammatory account. It hurt recruiting. By comparison, LSU's entire athletic department looks suspiciously impervious to scandal right now. Their problems are only getting token coverage in the press.
Their basketball thing is atrocious, but for the love of God, tell me why coaches and athletic administrators are expected to investigate assaults, etc. Call campus or local police, and if it involves non-criminal harassment, take it through the same process all the other students utilize.

Their basketball thing is atrocious, but for the love of God, tell me why coaches and athletic administrators are expected to investigate assaults, etc. Call campus or local police, and if it involves non-criminal harassment, take it through the same process all the other students utilize.
The bolded part you mentioned is the 800 lb gorilla in the room that everybody appears to ignore. If you ask why these things were dealt with improperly, the answer is always "Well, XYZ admin person didn't follow up." That might be true, but why is it an admin person's job to handle that to begin with?

These rape allegations should have gone straight to and been handled by the Baton Rouge PD. I know a retort to that statement might be "But they will bury it to protect football players," which might be true, but it is clear the various admin people at the universities can't handle it properly either. Who is to say that the Title IX department would not be motivated to bury it either? Allegations of criminal behavior should be investigated by an organization created and designed to do that, not bureaucrat admin people at the university.

Reactions: ButchPlz
The bolded part you mentioned is the 800 lb gorilla in the room that everybody appears to ignore. If you ask why these things were dealt with improperly, the answer is always "Well, XYZ admin person didn't follow up." That might be true, but why is it an admin person's job to handle that to begin with?

These rape allegations should have gone straight to and been handled by the Baton Rouge PD. I know a retort to that statement might be "But they will bury it to protect football players," which might be true, but it is clear the various admin people at the universities can't handle it properly either. Who is to say that the Title IX department would not be motivated to bury it either? Allegations of criminal behavior should be investigated by an organization created and designed to do that, not bureaucrat admin people at the university.

Many times and I don't know the details about LSU, but if the assault or matter occurs on state property rather than just city property, it becomes a state law enforcement matter just like when a crime occurs on federal property. It all comes down to who has jurisdiction and many times that comes down to the actual location of the event.

Many times and I don't know the details about LSU, but if the assault or matter occurs on state property rather than just city property, it becomes a state law enforcement matter just like when a crime occurs on federal property. It all comes down to who has jurisdiction and many times that comes down to the actual location of the event.
OK - so let the Louisiana State Police handle it. Law enforcement, not a Title IX bureaucrat. It seems like common sense to let a law enforcement/investigative body handle something like that, not an administrative office at the school.

I understand that at the moment the procedure states that it is the job of the admin office to handle allegations like that, but that sounds incredibly stupid.

I don't work there, but I think it's designed to keep players on the team by reconciling relationships with people that they actually know. It's a weird approach, but it's not "stupid", but I don't actually think it's necessarily supposed to be corrupt and evil. I think to some degree they have seen where these players have a social circle where a lot of casual sex is going on and then at some point somebody gets accused of outright rape. Is there any validity to it? The legal system is going to need 4 or 5 years to get around to it. No way around it but a trial of 12 jurors, right? They have to decide, 5 years later, maybe innocent. it's the only system we have. They're trying to take a shortcut because they want a shortcut.

If you actually had access to your right to a speedy trial, they might not work so hard at hiding them all.

If women are ever granted a legal right "not to be hit on" it'll be okay with me. I would support that. Might be hard to police, though.

Ed Orgeron will be on a very hot seat if LSU has a season where they only win 7-8 games after the expection built up from the National Championship.

Reactions: 508mikey

The Dear Colleague Letter sent out by Eric Holder was very vague about how to set up the investigations... just do. Hundreds of institutions of higher learning were sued because the Justice Department neglected to give guidance...just do it. Without the power of subpoena the institutions ability to do a true investigation was limited... just do it..

Well, there are several points from your post that need to be addressed. Let’s start with the most important. Where can I find Dickerson Road?

VN Store

Back