Texas players' demands

Somehow I just don't see the Texas legislature or Texas Board of Higher Ed giving $1.7 million to Marxist-Controlled Black Lives Matter.
They won't give it to BLM itself, but will give it to some other organization like the NAACP or the ACLU or something.

I thought it was just an area of the stadium they wanted renamed.

It is. The original "article" was incorrect then later changed to reflect that. You could speculate as to why it was incorrect given it is a piece derived from a tweet that clearly spelled out the "demands."

I thought it was just an area of the stadium they wanted renamed.

Out of all of their demands, I think the only thing they'll get pushback on is The Eyes of Texas. The song isn't racist in and of itself, it's just that it made its debut at a minstrel show in 1903. It'd be like Tennessee getting rid of Rocky Top because we learned it was sung once at a Klan rally in 1980 or something.

If that’s the reasoning shouldn’t we stop airing Black Lives Matter in every tv network, social media and even Netflix since it’s the common theme at EVERY violent protest but I guess that’s different these days.

That's been in the works for a while. That's a money move and nothing else.
It ain't about the money. The flag neither gives or recieves money. It has no Body or face so it's an easy target. I can't wait for someone to bring up Coca-Cola. That's where the money comes in. JMHO

It ain't about the money. The flag neither gives or recieves money. It has no Body or face so it's an easy target. I can't wait for someone to bring up Coca-Cola. That's where the money comes in. JMHO
Don't kid yourself. Everything is about money.

Schools or a group of schools are going to have to make a stand I’m afraid. Unfortunately it will take people with strong principles and I’m not sure they are many of those in higher education today.
They sure as h@ll did not go into politics or the media.

Reactions: hmhawk
I believe "The Volunteer State" came from the War of 1812 and was solidified by The Mexican War in 1848.
Dead on! I’m sure the other poster’s “research” concluded that a buncha Tennessee folks VOLUNTEERED to do some racist stuff! 😉

Reactions: Redleg68
Don't kid yourself. Everything is about money.
'm just saying they feel free to attack flags, building names, statues etc. People boycott businesses and products all the time. I just don't understand Coke getting a free pass. I enjoy the parade :)

I guess everybody forgot about this little bit of racism from Earl Campbell last year. Morons like Stephen Jackson claim that racism is at an all time high In this country. That’s false . Hypocrisy is at an all time high in this country.
Earl Campbell thinks Texas needs a black quarterback to win
The biggest problem I have with statements like that one Stephen Jackson made is that they lack perspective and context. He thinks racism is at an "all-time high" in the United States. Really? It's higher today than it was in 1980? In 1960? In 1920? In 1860?

Also, the Earl Campbell statement is laughable, but note how it was covered. Not only was that statement not widely covered to begin with, the article you linked to discusses his statement with what I'd call mild amusement ("the legendary Earl Campbell has an idea for Texas football.") and then casts doubt on the accuracy of it, simply saying that there have been good QBs from all backgrounds. Not once did I hear anybody in the media say that the statement was racist, call for Texas to permanently disassociate itself from him, etc. You just kind of laugh it off and move on. I remember the biggest media figure who talked about it was Clay Travis, and I wouldn't call him outraged, more just amused at the fact that if you reverse the races the statement would be seen in a totally different light.

I mean, when Dobbs was here what if Johnny Majors, or some figure from Tennessee's history, said "I love Dobbs but we need a white QB if we want to win?"

Last edited:

VN Store

Back