Texas homeowner shoots armed intruder

I believe I would do this, inside my house.

But what if I catch thief in the act breaking into my car on the carport? Do I shoot this teenager? To kill? To wound in leg? I'm sure it would all unfold in seconds, in the dark.

I have pondered.

Leg. And if he/she gets up and comes after you...chest. As you said, it would probably be dark outside. AC/DC lyrics: Shoot to thrill, play to kill. I am not a bad person, but I refuse to go down by the hands of a home invader. I can't resist posting this pic here.

1651506944581.png

But what if I catch thief in the act breaking into my car on the carport? Do I shoot this teenager? To kill? To wound in leg? I'm sure it would all unfold in seconds, in the dark.

I have pondered.
you should check your state but you'll likely be charged if you're not in actual danger
Leg. And if he/she gets up and comes after you...chest.
Yeah, don't do this

Yeah, don't do this

I didn't say hit him in the left side. If it's not too dark, hit the right. Worst case scenario...hemopneumothorax. Dial 911. Least you could do for an "uninvited" guest.

Dead men don't sue.

Families still can and then there's the whole prosecutors can still prosecute.

PJ had it right...if you have even the slightest intent of ever bringing deadly force to bear know the local laws.

Now having said the above I am and have always believed invasion of an occupied residence should carry an explicit risk of severe injury or death.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

I have pondered.
This is the part that angers me about the law because it doesn't take into account fight/flight/freeze.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Leg. And if he/she gets up and comes after you...chest. As you said, it would probably be dark outside. AC/DC lyrics: Shoot to thrill, play to kill. I am not a bad person, but I refuse to go down by the hands of a home invader. I can't resist posting this pic here.

If you ever decide you need to shoot someone in defense then aim for center of chest and pull. None of this shoot them in the leg talk....you realize how hard it is to shoot someone possibly running at you or in the dark in the leg? If you decide it requires force to stop, ALWAYS go for kill shot.

If you ever decide you need to shoot someone in defense then aim for center of chest and pull. None of this shoot them in the leg talk....you realize how hard it is to shoot someone possibly running at you or in the dark in the leg? If you decide it requires force to stop, ALWAYS go for kill shot.
And never fire warning shots. You can actually get in trouble for that some places.

Reactions: tbh and Hoosier_Vol

Even at night, if they are bent over going through my glove box looking for stuff to resell for drugs, yeah, I'd shoot em in the leg. They turn around and don't back down, chest.

I have pondered.
Shotgun is the play with a 7 1/8 or 8 shot. Put some buck 3rd in line but you ought not need to get that far down the tube

Reactions: Mccage
Shotgun is the play with a 7 1/8 or 8 shot. Put some buck 3rd in line but you ought not need to get that far down the tube
It never occured to me to load progressive ammo, have a friend that loaded his pistol progressive with the last enough power to take out an engine block....as it rocks out of his hand....

Reactions: Toujours Pret
Almost exactly what my dad has in his shotgun.

I just have my grandad's old .38 with some overpressure jacketed hollow points, I figure that'll ruin the day of an intruder pretty quick.

Reactions: Toujours Pret

VN Store

Back