Tom Herman thread [merged]

He’s another coach I’d take right now. And he’s collecting a fat buyout.

Stop looking for reasons to hold onto Pruitt.

It is a sad state of affairs that many of us would gladly take cast-offs from Texas and Auburn.

I would be on the phone with Herman's agent right now if I were Fulmer.

Herman said that while fans might cheer on black student-athletes on the field, off the field fans can treat them entirely differently. “Can the average fan relate? No, they can’t,” In an interview with Austin American-Statesman’s Brian Davis. “There’s a double standard maybe a little bit. We’re going to pack 100,000 people into DKR and millions watch on TV that are predominantly white — not all of them certainly, but most of ’em white. We’re gonna cheer when they score touchdowns, and we’re gonna hug our buddy when they get sacks or an interception. But we gonna let them date our daughter? Are we going to hire them in a position of power in our company? That’s the question I have for America. You can’t have it both ways. And if you’re going to cheer them and love them for three-and-a-half hours a Saturday in the fall, you better have the same feelings for them off the field, because they’re human beings. They deserve the same amount of respect and human rights that all of us do in this country when we agreed on the social contract to be a member of the United States.”

I hear this a lot but has it ever worked, any D1 school admin waves the white flag??
There is some reliance on TV and SEC money as of now. But when does those investors start thinking that UT needs to move to more of a competitive conference for the program? But then again, Florida, Georgia, and Alabama will still need a whipping boy.

Fans can be done with this by speaking with their wallets next year.
Great plan, we have a coach with a mandate to win and if he does not change is eminent and so why don't we make sure we don't have enough money to go after the best available? Wow....

Great plan, we have a coach with a mandate to win and if he does not change is eminent and so why don't we make sure we don't have enough money to go after the best available? Wow....
How much do you think fan attendance pays for coach’s salary?

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back