Texas and Oklahoma in the SEC

More headlines about a "Saban assistant trying to beat Bama" from ESPN, Lincoln Riley comes back down to Earth, but nothing else changes.

Same as it ever was.

when Saban retires Bama will throw $15 million a year at Dabo and start the next dynasty.

Bama with Saban at the helm is light years ahead of Texas and almost everybody else. Even with a former Saban coach at Texas and with the (financial) and other backing Texas has, they still wont be able to catch Bama.

Texas is a traditional program; a once powerhouse. Not today and I don’t think they will be there with their current coach either.

Reactions: savannahfan
Remember the great state of Alabama has absolutely nothing when it comes to sports. No NFL
No NHL
No NBA
No MLB
Honestly that would totally suck , what a crappy state.
I love the NHL playoffs , hardest thing in sports to win is the Stanley Cup. Every series from beginning to end is 7 games.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
Remember the great state of Alabama has absolutely nothing when it comes to sports. No NFL
No NHL
No NBA
No MLB
Honestly that would totally suck , what a crappy state.
I love the NHL playoffs , hardest thing in sports to win is the Stanley Cup. Every series from beginning to end is 7 games.
. Dude don’t remind I live here just 13 miles from the Tennessee line somebody get me back home to Rocky Top. Alabama as a state absolutely sucks ass.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
. Dude don’t remind I live here just 13 miles from the Tennessee line somebody get me back home to Rocky Top. Alabama as a state absolutely sucks ass.
I moved to Bama from Georgia last year after my wife retired. I find Alabama to be a beautiful state with a wonderful lake and recreation system. Home to some of the highest technical and science industries in America. A thriving farming industry with an abundance of water. A smattering of mountains and a great coast to visit. Unfortunately the general population are the most ignorant unwashed toothless inbred bunch of yahoos this side of Deliverance.

Last edited:
More headlines about a "Saban assistant trying to beat Bama" from ESPN, Lincoln Riley comes back down to Earth, but nothing else changes.

Same as it ever was.
Lincoln Riley was never his assistant.

You're thinking of Steve Sarkisian maybe.

Texas has had great recruiting the last 4 years, I bet Steve gets them going good especially with the money texas will allow him to blow on recruiting

I moved to Bama from Georgia last year after my wife retired. I find Alabama to be a beautiful state with a wonderful lake and recreation system. Home to some of the highest technical and science industries in America. A thriving farming industry with an abundance of water. A smattering of mountains and a great coast to visit. Unfortunately the general population are the most ignorant unwashed toothless inbred bunch of yahoos this side of Deliverance.

Canna hard on the good folks of Bama aren't you?? ( I agree) ;)

Lincoln Riley was never his assistant.

You're thinking of Steve Sarkisian maybe.
I think he meant the first part was about Sark and then the next part about Riley meant no cake walk through a weak conference to inflate the OU egos as they waltz into the playoffs.

Nice recovery there at the end 😎

Reactions: Hunerwadel

We have land down there as well, outside of Huntsville on the lake. Have had it for decades. I agree with everything you said. Had a great uncle that worked at the space and rocket center as an engineer. I think they are going to hire/bring in something like a 1000 more worker/employees.

The best thing for us is that most of the land we have is on the Tennessee River!

Reactions: Hunerwadel
We have land down there as well, outside of Huntsville on the lake. Have had it for decades. I agree with everything you said. Had a great uncle that worked at the space and rocket center as an engineer. I think they are going to hire/bring in something like a 1000 more worker/employees.

The best thing for us is that most of the land we have is on the Tennessee River!

Congrats, that's a great place to own property.
The area around Huntsville is booming. Blue Origins have just built a rocket plant and are hiring engineers and high tech people like crazy. Plus all the space and rocket support industries are growing likewise. The FBI is building a second headquarters here on Redstone specializing in cyber crimes. They are initially going to employ 4000 people (they are actually hiring now). After a squabble between Colorado and Alabama it looks like the US Space Force is also going to be headquartered on Redstone. The real estate industry on fire.

Congrats, that's a great place to own property.
The area around Huntsville is booming. Blue Origins have just built a rocket plant and are hiring engineers and high tech people like crazy. Plus all the space and rocket support industries are growing likewise. The FBI is building a second headquarters here on Redstone specializing in cyber crimes. They are initially going to employ 4000 people (they are actually hiring now). After a squabble between Colorado and Alabama it looks like the US Space Force is also going to be headquartered on Redstone. The real estate industry on fire.

A lot of people are/have been moving out of Huntsville over the past few years towards us. The small city/town we own land in just got a Publix and they are excited about that lol. You are correct in that it is beautiful. River on one side and mountain on the other. Plus, crappie and bass as well as white tail.

VN Store

Back