Texas And Oklahoma Addition

How about an extra conference game? I'm assuming the SEC/Big 12 challenge is over if they jump

Basketball? Not good AT ALL for TN in football. We're that much further down the totem poll, and can't seem to get on our feet. Two more quality teams immediately way ahead of us. Not good.

Yes, let's talk football in the basketball forum more. Maybe one day @Freak will build a football forum for us. I'm sure there's interest...

I think I disagree, but it takes a little bit of projection. Conference divisions will almost certainly be realigned, and I'd guess if the plan is to keep an East/West format, then Bama and Auburn get bumped to the east to accommodate Texas and Oklahoma in the west.

In that event, then everyone in the east now has to play Bama, and Bama has to play Georgia and Florida, too. Winning the East Division, and then the SEC becomes more difficult, but, positioning yourself for a playoff spot becomes easier in an expanded format, say 16 teams. You may finish 10-2 and 2nd place in the east to an 11-1 Bama, but that is well within the grasp of a playoff spot in a 16-tm format. It helps to weaken Bama, Florida, and Georgia even further without really hurting Tennessee because we play all three annually, already.

It would only be one bumped to the East. Probably Auburn.
East then would be,
Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Missouri, South Carolina, Vandy and Tennessee for 8 East teams.
I wouldnt be shocked if for football it went 4x4 pods with an SEC Final Four then SEC CG. Teams are going to end up playing 16 or 17 games a year.

It would only be one bumped to the East. Probably Auburn.
East then would be,
Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Missouri, South Carolina, Vandy and Tennessee for 8 East teams.
I wouldnt be shocked if for football it went 4x4 pods with an SEC Final Four then SEC CG. Teams are going to end up playing 16 or 17 games a year.
Missouri is getting bumped to the West in my scenario. Maintains old Big XII ties with Mizzou, Texas, OU, A&M

Reactions: DuckInAPen
I think I disagree, but it takes a little bit of projection. Conference divisions will almost certainly be realigned, and I'd guess if the plan is to keep an East/West format, then Bama and Auburn get bumped to the east to accommodate Texas and Oklahoma in the west.

In that event, then everyone in the east now has to play Bama, and Bama has to play Georgia and Florida, too. Winning the East Division, and then the SEC becomes more difficult, but, positioning yourself for a playoff spot becomes easier in an expanded format, say 16 teams. You may finish 10-2 and 2nd place in the east to an 11-1 Bama, but that is well within the grasp of a playoff spot in a 16-tm format. It helps to weaken Bama, Florida, and Georgia even further without really hurting Tennessee because we play all three annually, already.
Second in the East under that scenario might actually be beneficial. No SEC championship game, not having to beat Bama twice in the conference. Ga and Fla now have to play the Tide annually as we do. Let’s say Ga upsets Bama and Ga gets Tn the next week. Might be ripe for a loss still savoring Bama win. Or, Ga gets hammered by Bama, players are banged up and they are still staggering from it. Could work that way too. Same for Fla. We should pray for Bama to be in the Sec East.

Second in the East under that scenario might actually be beneficial. No SEC championship game, not having to beat Bama twice in the conference. Ga and Fla now have to play the Tide annually as we do. Let’s say Ga upsets Bama and Ga gets Tn the next week. Might be ripe for a loss still savoring Bama win. Or, Ga gets hammered by Bama, players are banged up and they are still staggering from it. Could work that way too. Same for Fla. We should pray for Bama to be in the Sec East.

No, We would play Alabama, Georgia and Florida with each coming off an Open Date.

Reactions: beamerman

I didn’t think about it this way, but I believe you’re right.

Reactions: cncchris33
Heard it suggested on the radio today that LSU might not be too happy losing Bama and Barn to the East in football. The West would be 5x Big 8 and SWC schools (TX, A&M, Ark from the Southwest Conference and OK/MZ from B8/12) plus the 2 Mississippi’s and LSU. I don’t care. Maybe it’s good punishment or Karma for WW’s strong ass offer resulting in no punishment and for their hiring the sleazy Ogre. Also for that basketball ref fanboy.

Last edited:
Reactions: youcancallmeAl

VN Store

Back