Tess Darby offer story

GLV98 - I agree with your premise. The well stated social media recognition that attention, good or bad, is preferable to no attention exists on this and most other forums.

I just can't, anymore, do the damsel in distress by the forum meanies argument. Its intractable. The rescuers are so, so passionate in their outrage but imo its so grossly diminishing to these smart, saavy, experienced young women and their families. Who could care less. So 50 lashes with a wet sunshine pumper noodle Darth. There you go.

This x infinity. This wringing of hands and white knight routine is really a joke. If these players and their parents are really watching everything on this board and getting upset about it - that really causes me concern. Why would an elite athlete give one crap about what someone who doesn’t even know them says on some message board?

This x infinity. This wringing of hands and white knight routine is really a joke. If these players and their parents are really watching everything on this board and getting upset about it - that really causes me concern. Why would an elite athlete give one crap about what someone who doesn’t even know them says on some message board?

This will probably get deleted as everything I comment seems to get reported (I guess) and deleted and now even without a single cuss word I get deleted.

this is why...type in google "tennessee lady vols fans forum" and this pops up:
1588692691631.png

THAT is why!

Attachments

• 1588692523903.png
    1588692523903.png
    179.3 KB · Views: 17
View attachment 276719

THAT is why!

Again, if they are getting upset by what people who do not know them say, I don’t get it... because “Lions don’t worry about the opinions of sheep.” Same can be said about all those gushing praise. Take it with a grain of salt.

Again, if they are getting upset by what people who do not know them say, I don’t get it... because “Lions don’t worry about the opinions of sheep.” Same can be said about all those gushing praise. Take it with a grain of salt.

I agree about the white knight routine however being a high school teacher I see this all the time from Elite athletes who have Division 1 full rides to power 5 schools to regular kids. It is real that people care what others think especially at that young age.

I have seen it manifest itself in different ways some ending in very scary or sad situations.

I do agree that the majority of athletes probably don’t invest their time on here but I am not saying that they don’t either. I would hope they see a passionate fan base who supports their team. But there have been some instances on here where people downright got ugly about athletes ranging from their play to their sexuality.

Not trying to be a sunshine pumper but I see both sides of the argument.

Last edited:

Lions don't worry about the sheep, but they do hear them bleat!
The "sheep" you speak of are what the world has access to.
What we talk about is not an over the fence gossip, it is available to the world
and that matters to parents
T,,, I know,,,not assume,,,KNOW that this site is being monitored by parents of the recruits we are recruiting right now.
I know this!
I can't say how, but I do know this
And it matters to them what the supposed representation of the lady vol fans are saying about their daughters and families

Certain negative posters have been called out by name from this site by parents
Posters like myself have been referenced to by families of our players
Lou Brown's Mom and Dad live on the other side of the world,,,but they knew who Coach Jumper was.

To not admit this is to be a proverbial ostrich with its head stuck in the sand

I agree about the white knight routine however being a high school teacher I see this all the time from Elite athletes who have Division 1 full rides to power 5 schools to regular kids. It is real that people care what others think especially at that young age.

I have seen it manifest itself in different ways some ending in very scary or sad situations.

I do agree that the majority of athletes probably don’t invest their time on here but I am not saying that they don’t either. I would hope they see a passionate fan base who supports their team. But there have been some instances on here where people downright got ugly about athletes ranging from their play to their sexuality.

I get what you’re saying about the extreme criticism and I am NOT for it at all... Seems to me some of the folks playing the white knight may have encouraged them to look at such comments on here... so they could play the white knight. Twisted!

Holly sure took some cheap shots on here for a lot of personal things that had nothing to do with her coaching - things like you mentioned above. I once even saw a comment wishing for her to die. Didn’t really see many having a problem with that and the majority of the outrageous comments were never deleted. Interesting....

What we talk about is not an over the fence gossip, it is available to the world
T,,, I know,,,not assume,,,KNOW that this site is being monitored by parents of the recruits we are recruiting right now.
I know this!
And it matters to them what the supposed representation of the lady vol fans are saying about their daughters and families

Lou Brown's Mom and Dad live on the other side of the world,,,but they knew who Coach Jumper was.

@VA_VOLFAN see what I mean?

I know this!

It’s very likely they know who Coach Jumper is because Coach Jumper is on here constantly and probably pointed it out to them (via DM I dare guess).

I agree about the white knight routine HOWEVER being a high school teacher I see this all the time from Elite athletes who have Division 1 full rides to power 5 schools to regular kids. It is real that people care what others think especially at that young age.

Agree, we do have a passionate fan base. We also, thanks to forums, have individual voices that can be accessed via that forum. You can be the smartest person on the planet or the most stupid and unlucky person out there but if you can afford to post online, you have that voice. As with politics, fans have differing opinions and forums allow them to voice their beliefs even if they are 1 in 50 million. Nothing much can be done about it I suppose. I don't worry much about the white knight stuff as pathetic as it comes across because people can do a little research to understand what is behind that. People can usually sniff out BS and truth using basic reasoning.

View attachment 276719

THAT is why!
I mean...it IS a Tennessee lady vol fan forum. Why would you be surprised it comes up? I think the point that's been made is that these are pretty old fashioned relics of the nineties and noughties populated mostly by Boomers and Gen Xers. The players themselves are probably more concerned with what's being said on Twitter and Instagram. Even Facebook is probably considered old fashioned to them.

I get what you’re saying about the extreme criticism and I am NOT for it at all... Seems to me some of the folks playing the white knight may have encouraged them to look at such comments on here... so they could play the white knight. Twisted!

Holly sure took some cheap shots on here for a lot of personal things that had nothing to do with her coaching - things like you mentioned above. I once even saw a comment wishing for her to die. Didn’t really see many having a problem with that and the majority of the outrageous comments were never deleted. Interesting....

Amen!

Reactions: T_Vol376
Agree, we do have a passionate fan base. We also, thanks to forums, have individual voices that can be accessed via that forum. You can be the smartest person on the planet or the most stupid and unlucky person out there but if you can afford to post online, you have that voice. As with politics, fans have differing opinions and forums allow them to voice their beliefs even if they are 1 in 50 million. Nothing much can be done about it I suppose. I don't worry much about the white knight stuff as pathetic as it comes across because people can do a little research to understand what is behind that. People can usually sniff out BS and truth using basic reasoning.

Amen!

Fair dinkum! Hope they didn't mention me!

"You call that a knife, mate?"

We're all Lady Vol fans....Let's be friends.
FE24559C63E495E3E05062250271057D0A369604

Watching The Last Dance, it brought back memories of the importance of the supporting cast to successful teams' fortunes. Being a Jazz fan, I was reminded of players such as Russell, Hornacek, and Ostertag during their Finals matchups with the Bulls. Same with the other teams including the Bulls themselves.

I can see deadeye, icewater Tess hitting the winning three in a championship game John Paxon-style.

Really stoked to see players such as Kaiya and Tess who really, really want to be Lady Vols and are committed to individual and team improvement. Being a Lady Vol was Emily's dream, too, so expect that she's also been busting it to improve her game.

Hijacked thread

Aw, shucks. Thanks, Coach. Gowrsh!

If I could speak to them, I'd tell them hw much we enjoyed Lou's two years here with us and how much we look forward to seeing them back in the future. They raised one fine young lady who did them (and their country) proud!

Looking forward to seeing that tradition continue with Jessie as her game matures. After all, she and Lou are the bonafide, genuine Southerners.

Last edited:
Watching The Last Dance, it brought back memories of the importance of the supporting cast to successful teams' fortunes. Being a Jazz fan, I was reminded of players such as Russell, Hornacek, and Ostertag during their Finals matchups with the Bulls. Same with the other teams including the Bulls themselves.

I can see deadeye, icewater Tess hitting the winning three in a championship game John Paxon-style.

Really stoked to see players such as Kaiya and Tess who really, really want to be Lady Vols and are committed to individual and team improvement. Being a Lady Vol was Emily's dream, too, so expect that she's also been busting it to improve her game.
I hope for the best from all players, veterans, transfers and new players.We need to support them all.

Dont forget Salary!!

VN Store

Back