Tennessee's Total Wins Set At 7

Nothing wrong with beating the 8 teams we have more talent than and losing to the 4 teams with better talent. This ship won’t be turned around over night, but everything is pointing in the right direction.
I disagree. Butch Jones had a better year 3 than that. He at least beat Georgia (yes I know they also lost to Arkansas but he also never lost to GSU). Bama Georgia OU are down this year. Only UF is up. After the way the season ended and with the veterans coming back, if Pruitt can't knock off one of those, what has he proven after 3 years?

I disagree. Butch Jones had a better year 3 than that. He at least beat Georgia (yes I know they also lost to Arkansas but he also never lost to GSU). Bama Georgia OU are down this year. Only UF is up. After the way the season ended and with the veterans coming back, if Pruitt can't knock off one of those, what has he proven after 3 years?

What CBJ did year 3 has 0 to do with this. He also wasn’t playing the same Georgia team

That we still wouldn't have a qb.

Butch sucked. All he was, was what might have been. Blew 4th qtr leads against UF and bama in the road and ou at home and lost to a very mediocre Arkansas team.

What did he do for an encore? Even beating UF and UGA, still managed to fail in epic fashion as we saw a trip to ATL disappear in Columbia, SC and college station... And a trip to NOLA evaporate against vandy.

At least Pruitt still has all those opportunities in front of him. So we'll see what happens when they present.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
yeah, context will matter, but i don't see another GSU type loss. and i'd be disappointed if we find ourselves getting blown out at home again by UF/Bama. OU on the road early....hard to guage, but no haselwood and they're breaking in a lot of "new".....and UGA on the road late....are they figuring things out by that time in the season? those are the two spots i could see a game that got out of hand....especially if our qb issue is still an issue.

which is to say, i'll just go back to my first post about the QB/WR reps...it's very much TBD on that front, and is/was/will be the biggest question we have for 20....so everything is an "if" based on how that turns out.
The South Carolina game could be tough, it's in the part of our schedule when a letdown could happen. We're the better team but that's a trap game for us.

The South Carolina game could be tough, it's in the part of our schedule when a letdown could happen. We're the better team but that's a trap game for us.
I tend to agree about USCe and you know they'll need a w, and want a little payback for last year.

One plus is it's not right after bama this year..

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I am giving up the OU game, early on. We will not be ready. It is in Norman, etc etc. But, I think we shock UGA, later on, with our feet securely under us. 9-3, regular season, 6-2, in the SEC, 2nd in the East. Possible 10-3, after a bowl win. With losses to OU, Bama and UF, we should crack the top 10-15.
To me, Oklahoma game is more up in the air than that. Especially if the NCAA does not allow fans at the beginning. That will really remove home field advantage and they will be on game #2 with a new QB who will be facing his first real P5 team ever.

What CBJ did year 3 has 0 to do with this. He also wasn’t playing the same Georgia team
Um, yeah it does. We compare coaches all the time. The poster seemed to be fine with it being year 3 for him and after the way last year ended and with the veterans coming back not actually beating one of the top opponents, just another year of beating who we're supposed to. I'm saying if Pruitt still doesn't beat one of the big 4, when 3 of them are down, what exactly has he proven? We're supposed to take the next step. 8-4 isn't much of a step.

Reactions: whodeycin85
That we still wouldn't have a qb.

Butch sucked. All he was, was what might have been. Blew 4th qtr leads against UF and bama in the road and ou at home and lost to a very mediocre Arkansas team.

What did he do for an encore? Even beating UF and UGA, still managed to fail in epic fashion as we saw a trip to ATL disappear in Columbia, SC and college station... And a trip to NOLA evaporate against vandy.

At least Pruitt still has all those opportunities in front of him. So we'll see what happens when they present.
Pruitt also lost to Georgia freaking State and his team blew the BYU and arguably the Bama game.
I understand that was in year 2 and Butch's failings were mostly in his last 2 seasons, but if Pruitt only goes 8-4, the team didn't exactly take a step forward and he won't have proven that he could beat a ranked team (with the exception of UK maybe) with what should be a much improved team.
I think he needs to go 9-3 barring significant injuries for me to have faith that he can win the East in year 4.

Pruitt also lost to Georgia freaking State and his team blew the BYU and arguably the Bama game.
I understand that was in year 2 and Butch's failings were mostly in his last 2 seasons, but if Pruitt only goes 8-4, the team didn't exactly take a step forward and he won't have proven that he could beat a ranked team (with the exception of UK maybe) with what should be a much improved team.
I think he needs to go 9-3 barring significant injuries for me to have faith that he can win the East in year 4.
so in may of 2020, you're ready to assign value on the 21 season based on the record of the 20 season that's still 4 months away.

k. to each his own.

so in may of 2020, you're ready to assign value on the 21 season based on the record of the 20 season that's still 4 months away.

k. to each his own.
Um, you don't set expectations for head coaches?
Im saying I don't expect him to win the East this year.
He should win or be extremely close to winning the East in year 4.
If he only.wins 8 games this year, that means he didn't beat anyone of significance despite a supposedly much improved team and somewhat favorable schedule therefore he won't have proven anything really.
Therefore I'm not going to have faith that he can win the East in year 4.
Not sure how that is a foreign concept for you.

VN Store

Back