Tennessee's Total Wins Set At 7

7-5 hot seat is going to be determined by who the '5' are in the end. Another Georgia State type loss two years in a row, coupled with a few blow outs and it's going to start looking more like a pattern than an aberration.
That's why we need to solidify the quarterback position. JMO.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Not wanting to be in a position to hire a new coach, doesn't change the current environment that is college football. This isn't the 80's, Pruitt isn't getting 10 years to finally field consistent teams; he's got too much talent, and too expensive of a staff of for that.
10 Years? Now that we can agree on. Firing him after four years? With 100% confidence (except for the situations I stated earlier) I can say Jeremy will be our coach! What the administration is TRYING to do more than anything else is to stabilize the program. Firing Jeremy after 4 years would throw massive fuel to the instability fire. Let's hope all this is a moot point and he's insanely successful. JMO

Seven wins is seven wins, I personally think we get eight. If it is only seven I hope we at least play UGA and Florida closer then we have the last couple seasons. To me that will show we have closed the gap from a talent standpoint.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Seven wins is seven wins, I personally think we get eight. If it is only seven I hope we at least play UGA and Florida closer then we have the last couple seasons. To me that will show we have closed the gap from a talent standpoint.

I think we will. If we are going to upset anyone this year, I think Florida is the best bet

Last edited:
10 Years? Now that we can agree on. Firing him after four years? With 100% confidence (except for the situations I stated earlier) I can say Jeremy will be our coach! What the administration is TRYING to do more than anything else is to stabilize the program. Firing Jeremy after 4 years would throw massive fuel to the instability fire. Let's hope all this is a moot point and he's insanely successful. JMO

Pruitt will be wanting a contract extension and raise by the end of 2021. If the goal is to win the conference, and we consistently see 7-5 seasons, with blowout losses, and inexcusable loses like Georgia State on a regular basis, then he will have little leverage for negotiating an extension.

That's why we need to solidify the quarterback position. JMO.

Well JG & Bailey have been working TOGETHER this Summer; and that bodes well for both. JG now knows if he blows it, He won't start another game. Bailey is ahead of PM at identical points of their careers (Bigger arm). QB will be an asset for the Vols this year. Betcha.

Most of these seniors are CBJ players so you have to factor that in.

If they are still here then they are bought in, so CJP guys now. Jennings wasn't a Pruitt guy either but after the season started no one doubted he was sold on what CJP was selling.

Reactions: mercuryvol
7-5 hot seat is going to be determined by who the '5' are in the end. Another Georgia State type loss two years in a row, coupled with a few blow outs and it's going to start looking more like a pattern than an aberration.
yeah, context will matter, but i don't see another GSU type loss. and i'd be disappointed if we find ourselves getting blown out at home again by UF/Bama. OU on the road early....hard to guage, but no haselwood and they're breaking in a lot of "new".....and UGA on the road late....are they figuring things out by that time in the season? those are the two spots i could see a game that got out of hand....especially if our qb issue is still an issue.

which is to say, i'll just go back to my first post about the QB/WR reps...it's very much TBD on that front, and is/was/will be the biggest question we have for 20....so everything is an "if" based on how that turns out.

Pruitt will be wanting a contract extension and raise by the end of 2021. If the goal is to win the conference, and we consistently see 7-5 seasons, with blowout losses, and inexcusable loses like Georgia State on a regular basis, then he will have little leverage for negotiating an extension.
I agree...negotiating would definitely be a little strained if that were the case....

why is this even a conversation worth having? i mean isn't that kinda obvious?

even with that being true, it doesn't mean his point isn't correct. i agree with him, i think the goal is to have stability.

but it's not ever gonna be just for hte sake of having it.

and i'd be willing to be bet he wanst a raise and extension after this season. hope he can get it. :)

Reactions: tennrich1
why is this even a conversation worth having? i mean isn't that kinda obvious?

even with that being true, it doesn't mean his point isn't correct. i agree with him, i think the goal is to have stability.

but it's not ever gonna be just for hte sake of having it.

and i'd be willing to be bet he wanst a raise and extension after this season. hope he can get it. :)

Because the statement was made that 7-5 in 2020 wouldn't make 2021 a make or break year; I believe it would.

It's all speculation at this point, except for the reality that was the 2019 season.

If they are still here then they are bought in, so CJP guys now. Jennings wasn't a Pruitt guy either but after the season started no one doubted he was sold on what CJP was selling.
Thats one way of looking at it....not the right way, but one way.

Well JG & Bailey have been working TOGETHER this Summer; and that bodes well for both. JG now knows if he blows it, He won't start another game. Bailey is ahead of PM at identical points of their careers (Bigger arm). QB will be an asset for the Vols this year. Betcha.
Thanks John for the update.

Does anyone have a good online sports book they would recommend? As long as I can condition the bet on a full season I want to put some cash down on the over.

VN Store

Back