Tennessee's Total Wins Set At 7

Vegas has UT's over/under game win total at 7. Tennessee exceeded the number last year, and I expect the same TY. 8 minimum.
As usual, UT fans getting ahead of themselves. We still need a stellar 2021 recruiting class to get the kind of depth we need. Let’s not forget the mess Butch Jones left.

I see 7-5 myself. If we make 8-4 that means we beat one of GA, Bama, FL or OK. I just don't see that happening.
So you're predicting that we don't win any we're not supposed to win and will lose at least one we're not supposed to lose? I just don't see how any fan has those beliefs in less you're not happy with the coaches or players we have.

So you're predicting that we don't win any we're not supposed to win and will lose at least one we're not supposed to lose? I just don't see how any fan has those beliefs in less you're not happy with the coaches or players we have.

It is from many years of 5 to 8 wins. It's an understandable feeling .

A couple of consecutive 9+ seasons will change that.

All those palaces in Vegas were built with money from gamblers who are smarter than the handicappers.
The house always wins ($) in the end.

Actually, the goal of the handicappers is to set the line so equal money comes in on each side. The palaces make their money on the “juice.”

With that said, I like the over as well.

I'm guessing they're giving us Charlotte, Furman, Mizzou, Arkansas, Kentucky, Troy and Vandy. That's means they think we'll lose to Florida and Bama at home and Oklahoma, South Carolina and Georgia on the road. Doesn't really sound that unlikely.

I consider it highly unlikely that USCe beats us. They're a mess and have a fool for a HC. Thryey are on the way back down to the 3rd Tier in the SEC.

Unfortunately, our AD was the sole advocate for NOT allowing players to return June 1 to start training. Unlikely is my guess.
Prolly due to knowing Saban will have an advantage as bama is more open than tn. Hes not stupid. You prolly aren't as smart as him. I'll go with fulmer and his reasons.

Reactions: vols1221
I see 7-5 myself. If we make 8-4 that means we beat one of GA, Bama, FL or OK. I just don't see that happening.
7 wins will be a Miserable FAIL. Unless its only 9 games. If its a regular numbered schedule, Pruitt needs to win BIG this year and start beating a team or 2 we shouldn't. Everyone will use the "no spring practice" excuse this year, count on it. 9-10 wins is what he needs to prove he's the coach that can get us where we need to be. He has speed, skill and SIZE All over this roster. No reason whatsoever to fail at 7-5.

Last edited:
7 wins will be a Miserable FAIL. Unless its only 9 games. If its a regular numbered schedule, Pruitt needs to win BIG this year and start beating a team or 2 we shouldn't. Everyone will use the "no spring practice" excuse this year, count on it. 9-10 wins is what he needs to prove he's the coach that can get us where we need to be. He has speed, skill and SIZE All over this roster. No reason whatsoever to fail at 7-5.

I'm not sure if he needs to "win big games" yet, but he can't take 5 games to field a team ready to play, and he can't have any blowouts.

We should be a threat to every time on the schedule, and he needs to make the coaching decisions necessary to ensure that's the case.

If Pruitt doesn't start fielding a competitive team in every game, then 2021 is going to become a make-or-break year for him.

I'm not sure if he needs to "win big games" yet, but he can't take 5 games to field a team ready to play, and he can't have any blowouts.

We should be a threat to every time on the schedule, and he needs to make the coaching decisions necessary to ensure that's the case.

If Pruitt doesn't start fielding a competitive team in every game, then 2021 is going to become a make-or-break year for him.
I would just say our athletic program (especially football) is in zero mood to hire another football coach for many years to come. I certainly understand your point but it would take a massive failure or a totally unforeseen moral turpitude for the "replace Pruitt" conversation at that point. Not arguing the point that HOPEFEULLY we'll have enough depth in 2021 to be a division contender but if not, I certainly don't see a firing of the head football coach anytime soon. JMO....

I consider it highly unlikely that USCe beats us. They're a mess and have a fool for a HC. Thryey are on the way back down to the 3rd Tier in the SEC.

True but they are still recruiting decent. I think they have a nice DL.

We should whoop them but can't take anything for granted.

I would just say our athletic program (especially football) is in zero mood to hire another football coach for many years to come. I certainly understand your point but it would take a massive failure or a totally unforeseen moral turpitude for the "replace Pruitt" conversation at that point. Not arguing the point that HOPEFEULLY we'll have enough depth in 2021 to be a division contender but if not, I certainly don't see a firing of the head football coach anytime soon. JMO....

Not wanting to be in a position to hire a new coach, doesn't change the current environment that is college football. This isn't the 80's, Pruitt isn't getting 10 years to finally field consistent teams; he's got too much talent, and too expensive of a staff of for that.

The returning talent advantage is offset by the fact that we needed spring to get as many reps for our young WR corps as possible, and an actual QB competition.
Agree. The reps for qb and wr were gonna be important... It was and still is the big question.

And that makes this season super difficult to predict.

There's enough there talent wise to win 8. More if the aforementioned question gets a much needed positive answer.

Not wanting to be in a position to hire a new coach, doesn't change the current environment that is college football. This isn't the 80's, Pruitt isn't getting 10 years to finally field consistent teams; he's got too much talent, and too expensive of a staff of for that.
Agree. But 7-5 doesn't put him on the hot seat either.

Likely would mean we were still a year away at the qb position.

I have to believe one of these guys is gonna be alright lol.

I think to maintain or build on the momentum we seem to have this off season, if/when we find ourselves in games like we did in 2015....

We'd all be better off if we'd just go ahead and win a couple of them instead of losing all of them...

Agree. But 7-5 doesn't put him on the hot seat either.

Likely would mean we were still a year away at the qb position.

I have to believe one of these guys is gonna be alright lol.

7-5 hot seat is going to be determined by who the '5' are in the end. Another Georgia State type loss two years in a row, coupled with a few blow outs and it's going to start looking more like a pattern than an aberration.

VN Store

Back