Tennessee's Third Offer Was Tempting, Says Gundy

I'm glad he turned it down. We got a much better coach.

Maybe, that remains to be seen.

Gundy isn’t going up on any Mount Rushmore’s of college coaches, but he’s decidedly more experienced and proven as a head coach than Pruitt. Pruitt may prove to be better over time, but he’s not better right now.

I still think Mike Leach would have been a homerun for Tennessee over Gundy and Pruitt.

I would have been so mad had we paid Gundy like he was something special. If you back the truck up to Gundy, might as well just go ahead and make deposits in advance on his severance package.

I would rather have Pruitt than Gundy. Nothing against Gundy, but no doubt would rather have Pruitt. GBO!

“No doubt?”

One coach is 121-59, is only 52 years old and has been a head coach for 15 years, has a 12-1 season and an 11-2 season under his belt, a 9-4 Bowl record. The other is 5-7, been a head coach for one year.

I have to admit I was shocked when I just read that Pruitt was only 45 years old. I had no idea. Much younger than I realized.

“No doubt?”

One coach is 121-59, is only 52 years old and has been a head coach for 15 years. The other is 5-7, been a head coach for one year.

I have to admit I was shocked when I just read that Pruitt was only 45 years old. I had no idea. Much younger than I realized.
Gundy is a good coach but we’ve seen his ceiling. I really don’t believe his system would lead to consistent success in this conference. Pruitt is more of an unknown for sure but he’s shown the ability to put very successful defenses on the field within this conference and the ACC.

Gundy is a good coach but we’ve seen his ceiling. I really don’t believe his system would lead to consistent success in this conference. Pruitt is more of an unknown for sure but he’s shown the ability to put very successful defenses on the field within this conference and the ACC.

I agree that we’ve probably seen Gundy’s ceiling. He looks to have peaked in 2010-2012 where he went 23-3 over those two seasons. Also agree that Pruitt has been a top-shelf DC at big league programs in big league conferences.

However, the fact still remains that as it stands right now, one is a proven head coach, the other isn’t.

Reactions: 08Vol, sona and EZE
I would rather have Pruitt than Gundy. Nothing against Gundy, but no doubt would rather have Pruitt. GBO!

Based on what?....sticking a wet finger in the air to see which way the wind is blowing.

I’m not a Grundy fan, either, and I didn’t want him as the Tenn HC. But, there is no factual basis for the mob saying they would “no doubt” rather have Pruitt or that Pruitt is a “better” head coach. Time might prove it, and I hope it does, but there isn’t anywhere enough data to proclaim it yet.

Even so, it is still a better argument than the clown on here around a month ago saying he would take Pruitt over Saban.

I agree that we’ve probably seen Gundy’s ceiling. He looks to have peaked in 2010-2012 where he went 23-3 over those two seasons. Also agree that Pruitt has been a top-shelf DC at big league programs in big league conferences.

However, the fact still remains that as it stands right now, one is a proven head coach, the other isn’t.

The orange glasses have strong lenses for many. Too strong.

Reactions: 08Vol and Jaws
Based on what?....sticking a wet finger in the air to see which way the wind is blowing.
I’m not a Grundy fan, either, and I didn’t want him as the Tenn HC. But, there is no factual basis for the mob saying they would “no doubt” rather have Pruitt or that Pruitt is a “better” head coach. Time might prove it, and I hope it does, but there isn’t anywhere enough data to proclaim it yet.

Even so, it is still a better argument than the clown on here around a month ago saying he would take Pruitt over Saban.

I had rather have Pruitt and I don't have to justify it to anyone.

Who tf do some of you think you are? Lol, So stupid.

VN Store

Back