Tennessee's Third Offer Was Tempting, Says Gundy

Pruitt won 1 more game than Butch did in his last year and still got his doors blown off by Vandy so his record doesn't show any great leaps. His head coaching ability is yet to be determined.

Have your fun while you can.

To be fair we can only revisit each January and compare the mediocrocy of Oklahoma States Gundy to our beloved Vols and Pruitts progression.

Butch, the Haslams and curry are gone I'm not sure what you are grasping at with at that reference. It is what it is.

To all other readers o this post forgive me for lowering the standards of Volnation, Pruitt and Fulmer in the above statement.

Moving on......

I believe we hired Pruitt because he came from a model organization with the championship pedigree that we desire to attain.

But if you insist, we could keep tabs on the comparisons to Botch and Mullet every January as ludicrous as that may be.

Reactions: AM64
Have your fun while you can.

To be fair we can only revisit each January and compare the mediocrocy of Oklahoma States Gundy to our beloved Vols and Pruitts progression.

Butch, the Haslams and curry are gone I'm not sure what you are grasping at with at that reference. It is what it is.

To all other readers o this post forgive me for lowering the standards of Volnation, Pruitt and Fulmer in the above statement.

Moving on......

I believe we hired Pruitt because he came from a model organization with the championship pedigree that we desire to attain.

But if you insist, we could keep tabs on the comparisons to Botch and Mullet every January as ludicrous as that may be.

Sorry but Pruitt has to prove that he is the man before I kneel before the man. Until he stacks Ws on board he's just another hope and prayer.

“No doubt?”

One coach is 121-59, is only 52 years old and has been a head coach for 15 years, has a 12-1 season and an 11-2 season under his belt, a 9-4 Bowl record. The other is 5-7, been a head coach for one year.

I have to admit I was shocked when I just read that Pruitt was only 45 years old. I had no idea. Much younger than I realized.
giphy.gif

Sorry but Pruitt has to prove that he is the man before I kneel before the man. Until he stacks Ws on board he's just another hope and prayer.

So you take from my previous statements that I'm kneeling before Pruitt?

Does that mean that I could assume you were kneeling before Gundy and or Butch?

Try to keep it simple with a yes/no response.

Take your time.

Try to keep it simple with a yes/no response.

Take your time.

yes you are.

LOL are you 12?

yes you are.

LOL are you 12?

Take your Ritalin re read and try to focus this time. I only asked two yes/no questions to make it easy for you.

Good job on answering the first!!! Now go back and get that second one. Take as much time as you need.

You can do this.

Take your Ritalin re read and try to focus this time. I only asked two yes/no questions to make it easy for you.

Good job on answering the first!!! Now go back and get that second one. Take as much time as you need.

You can do this.

Your second question isn't a yes/no answer.

its Not?

OOOO KKKKK.

Question Mark : a punctuation mark (?) placed at the end of a sentence to indicate a question

don't count the statement (its Not?) at the top of the page even though it ends with a Question Mark it is not relevant in your current diagnosis.

In the group of text below you will notice two ? Question Marks. This means there are two questions.

Having said that we can determine the second group ending with a Question Mark is that which you are referring to in your statement below.

That begs another question (I intentionally did not use a Question Mark here to avoid any further confusion )

You really can not answer said question with a yes or no?

I think we all know the answer to that one.

I never thought shooting fish in a bowl would be fun. But if they stick their heads in the barrel it is quite entertaining.

The offer to Gundy smacked of desperation. If he was going to prove himself a great coach, he would have done it by now. He hasn't. It's our good fortune he said no. Of all the things that baffle me, U.T.'s inability to sign a coach who is on everyone's list stands out. Are our A.D.s that bad?

its Not?

OOOO KKKKK.

Question Mark : a punctuation mark (?) placed at the end of a sentence to indicate a question

don't count the statement (its Not?) at the top of the page even though it ends with a Question Mark it is not relevant in your current diagnosis.

In the group of text below you will notice two ? Question Marks. This means there are two questions.

Having said that we can determine the second group ending with a Question Mark is that which you are referring to in your statement below.

That begs another question (I intentionally did not use a Question Mark here to avoid any further confusion )

You really can not answer said question with a yes or no?

I think we all know the answer to that one.

I never thought shooting fish in a bowl would be fun. But if they stick their heads in the barrel it is quite entertaining.

You Pruitt humpers sure get upset when someone doesn't fall in line with your worship of the man.

I don't know anyone that is a Pruitt humper, but if Gundy was our coach or we still had Botch I assume you would be thrilled? Some one has to love the trailer park girls. Better you than me.

I don't know anyone that is a Pruitt humper, but if Gundy was our coach or we still had Botch I assume you would be thrilled? Some one has to love the trailer park girls. Better you than me.

HTF do you get that from anything I have posted?

Pruitt is an unproven commodity right now so for anyone to claim that he is a better head coach than Gundy is nothing but a leg humper.

I agree that we’ve probably seen Gundy’s ceiling. He looks to have peaked in 2010-2012 where he went 23-3 over those two seasons. Also agree that Pruitt has been a top-shelf DC at big league programs in big league conferences.

However, the fact still remains that as it stands right now, one is a proven head coach, the other isn’t.
Proven that out of his 180 games there isn’t a national championship win in there. That’s the goal. I’d rather gamble on a maybe with Coach Pruitt than a proven no with Gundy

Proven that out of his 180 games there isn’t a national championship win in there. That’s the goal. I’d rather gamble on a maybe with Coach Pruitt than a proven no with Gundy

So, by your national championship standard, are you ready to hire Mack Brown or Gene Chizik, or even Les Miles? I’m not. By your standard there are only a hand full of coaches in the entire country who are worthy; Saban, Dabo, Jimbo, Miles and Brown.

That leaves out a whole bunch of really, really good coaches like Kirby Smart and Lincoln Riley and Jim Harbaugh and Dan Mullen and James Franklin and many others.

So, by your national championship standard, are you ready to hire Mack Brown or Gene Chizik, or even Les Miles? I’m not. By your standard there are only a hand full of coaches in the entire country who are worthy; Saban, Dabo, Jimbo, Miles and Brown.

That leaves out a whole bunch of really, really good coaches like Kirby Smart and Lincoln Riley and Jim Harbaugh and Dan Mullen and James Franklin and many others.

Exactly. Matt Campbell is 19-19 at Iowa St. Iowa St. is, historically, one of the ten or fifteen worst programs in all of D1. I'd trade Pruitt for him right now, no questions asked, and I'd say a lot of others here would too.

Dear Mikey:
We know it makes you feel better about yourself to brag about rejecting a football program several times more important, accomplished, etc. in the D-1 landscape than your cowpatty program will ever be, but seriously, we couldn't care less about you or your stupid Billy Ray Cyrus haircut. Kindly go tip some cows now.

Reactions: AM64

Straw man argument. By my standard there are lots of up and coming coaches that would get a shot before coaches that have proven they can’t get there. Reading comprehension, it helps.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back